Menu

Query like editing

2016-10-31
2016-11-03
  • Keng-Yuan, Chang

Hi everyone, new here, I was wondering can I edit multiple track tags in a query sort of way, say I would like to get rid of all "(Original Mix)" strings from all the tracks I bought from Beatport (- _ -)
    Is there a way to do it in Kid3? Thanks!

• Urs Fleisch

Urs Fleisch - 2016-10-31

I do not know which tag frame contains the "(Original Mix)" string. If it would be the comment, you could use a custom filter with expression %{comment} equals "(Original Mix)" with the function Tools/Filter, then click Apply to have only those files which have such a tag in the file list. Then you could select them all, select the frame and click Delete to get rid of all the frames. Finally you could save the changes.

If it is another frame than comment, just replace %{comment} in the expression, e.g. by %{remixer} for the remixer frame. There is also a function Edit/Find to find a value in any of the tag frames.

• Keng-Yuan, Chang

Oh wow, that's exactly what I needed, Thank you!

P.S. it's in the Title tag of every track from Beatrpot.

• Urs Fleisch

Urs Fleisch - 2016-11-03

If the "(Original Mix)" is only part of the title and you only want to remove this part and not the whole title, you could use Import/From Tags with the following format:

Format: Remove Original Mix from Title
    Source: %{title}
    Extraction: %{title}(.*)\s+\(Original Mix\)

This assumes that "(Original Mix)" is at the end of the title. If this is not the case, you have to adapt the regular expression.