keyTouch Not Working - ACPI

Help
mEo
2007-06-25
2013-04-17
  • mEo

mEo - 2007-06-25

Hi,

I have not been able to get keyTouch to work on my Toshiba A50 laptop, with the special ACPI keys.  When I open up the editor (version is latest for both keytouch and the editor), I click on the ACPI input, press one of the keys and it registers.  However, when I then try and use this file, nothing happens.

I had a look in the keyboard file, and it contains hkey VALZ 00000000 for the event description.  Using acpi_listen, the four media keys actually return hkey VALZ 00000000 00000b30 [ up to 00000b33 ].

Can you please tell me what's wrong and how to fix it?  I tried editing the event-descr to include the 00000b30 bit, but no such luck :(

• Marvin Raaijmakers

I've fixed this in todays release (keytouch 2.3.1). You will be able to use the keyboard file that you've made by hand in keytouch.
      You will still have to create a keyboard file by hand, but soon a new version of keytouch-editor will be released.

- Marvin

• mEo

mEo - 2007-07-04

Hi, thanks it looks good, but how do I use it, if i don't have the 'keytouch' program?

• Marvin Raaijmakers

You have keytouch installed.

Just import your keyboard file in keyTouch:
        1. Run 'keytouch'
        2. If you did not have choosen a keyboard file before, then you will be asked to select a keyboard (press OK). If you have choosen a keyboard before, then go to the preferences tab and click "Choose..."
        3. Fill in your root password.
        4. Click the "Import..." button and select your keyboard file.
        5. Select your keyboard in the list.
        6. Press OK
        7. Press OK or Apply
        and you have a working configuration.

- Marvin

• mEo

mEo - 2007-07-04

Hi, i think you use the keytouch-keyboard program, but still, i find it confusing to use, i think its going to work, as i managed to get mousepad (i'm on xfce) to open from the press of an acpi button, but i have too many configurations for my laptop, i don't know what daemon to run etc.  i'll just wait for the complete editor and stuff to come out. :)  how long do you think?

• mEo

mEo - 2007-07-04

Excellent :)  I have it working now.

Thankyou so much for that Marvin!  This has been a problem going back 2 months of having to get my distro's kernel26 patched with a new toshiba_acpi.patch and playing with a thousand toshiba keyboard programs, so it feels great to have things working now.  Thankyou :)