Pickchars no longer working on dropdowns, with solution

Help
malc
2016-12-11
2016-12-11
  • malc

malc - 2016-12-11

Hi,

I have a credit card page that pickchar has stopping work on. It was picking 2 chars out of a password and working a drop down. This was my autotype

{DELAY=50}{PICKCHARS:MWord:ID=1, C=1, Conv=D, Conv-Fmt=A0, Conv-Offset=1}{TAB}{PICKCHARS:MWord:ID=2, C=1, Conv=D, Conv-Fmt=A0, Conv-Offset=1}

It used to work. What it does now is just move each drop down for blank to a. If I run it again it is moves from a to b. The problem seems to be that the dropdown window isn't opening so the arrow keys are moving around the screen. I assume this is something that the credit card page has done as I've not seen this problem on other pages with similar dropdowns which are still working on the same browser.

The solution is to open the dropdown first with alt+down_arrow. Hence my new autotype is

{DELAY=50}%{DOWN}{PICKCHARS:MWord:ID=1, C=1, Conv=D, Conv-Fmt=A0, Conv-Offset=1}{TAB}%{DOWN}{PICKCHARS:MWord:ID=2, C=1, Conv=D, Conv-Fmt=A0, Conv-Offset=1}{TAB}

The end tab is to close the second dropdown. I could add an enter too but I prefer to see it has worked right and so keep the enter or submit click as manual. BTW MWord is a custom field (My Word).

Hope this helps someone.

• Paul

Paul - 2016-12-11

How did you find out Alt Tab would make the dropdown work?

cheers, Paul