Menu

KeePass does not change password for different google accounts

Help
macak
2015-02-06
2015-02-15
  • macak

macak - 2015-02-06

OK I am new to this so it may be trivial but I don't know how to solve it.

I have 2 google accounts with different passwords and when I click sign in button on google it takes me to login page with correctly filled username/password of my 1st account.

Now when I want to change account I click on the username field, delete it and select the 2nd account.

When I do that the password does not change, it stays the same although I have filled it in the keepass database and I have checked it in the database, it is correct. Also, when I click "sign in" the username also changes to the the name of 1st account.

Why is that and how do I solve it?

I use firefox with all previous logins deleted, so they are all now only in keypass, the keypass version is 2.27.

I haven't changed any of the default options.

EDIT: OK I have read somewhere you need to click on the username field and hold ctrl-alt-a and then select desired login name. Is this how it works? Why doesn't it change login automatically when I click with the mouse the desired username from the list?

Last edit: macak 2015-02-06
  • wellread1

wellread1 - 2015-02-06

I have 2 google accounts with different passwords and when I click sign in button on google it takes me to login page with correctly filled username/password of my 1st account.

You are describing form filling. KeePass does not form fill. Either the browser is still saving credentials and form filling them, or you have a third party form filler installed in KeePass.

Re-check your browser password settings and KeePass for form filler plugins:

• In Firefox Options>Security make sure that 'Remember passwords for sites' is not checked and IMPORTANT click on the 'Saved Passwords' button and press the 'Remove All' button.

• In KeePass select Tools>plugins. The plugin dialog should be empty. If it isn't, exit KeePass and uninstall any form filling plugins. If you don't know how to uninstall a particular plugin, report the plugin you found here.

• macak

macak - 2015-02-06

I don't know how to uninstall them.

I have the following plugins installed (I think they were installed by default): Web Site Advantage KeePass Firefox Importer and KeePassRPC. Thanks.

PS: In firefox in saved passwords there is one entry named keefox (KPRPC key). I think it is related to keepass. Should I delete it too?

I also noticed that the last account I add to database will overwrite previous acc with its autofill (when I log out and click log in again, it is already autofilled with username/password of my 2nd acc and when I delete the username field , click on it and select the username of 1st acc it doesn't change password, the password is still from 2nd acc)

Last edit: macak 2015-02-06
  • Paul

Paul - 2015-02-06

There are no plug-ins installed by default with KeePass, unless you downloaded KeePass from a 3rd party site.

It seems you are running KeeFox. As I understand, you need to add the URL to the second KeePass entry, then KeeFox will offer you the two entries.

The KeeFox help site is here: http://keefox.org/help

cheers, Paul

• wellread1

wellread1 - 2015-02-06

Before uninstalling you should decide whether you want to use the KeeFox form filler. KeePass auto-type requires that the cursor be in the web page field where the user wishes to begin typing their username before pressing the global auto-type key (Ctrl-Alt-A). At that point KeePass will type the username and password. KeeFox form filling will attempt to enter the username and password when you land on a web page, or at the press of button in the browser.

• If you want to use KeeFox you should go to the Keefox.org site read the documentation, tutorial and ask questions on their help forum.
    • If you wish to uninstall KeeFox and the Web Site Advantage KeePass Firefox Importer (used to import passwords saved in Firefox into KeePass) then you need to remove the plugin files from KeePass.

To uninstall KeeFox and 'Web Site Advantage KeePass Firefox Importer':

1. Exit KeePass and navigate to the KeePass program directory
    2. Delete the file KeePassRPC.plgx (It is probably in a sub directory called 'plugin').
    3. In Firefox, go to Menu>Add-ons and remove the KeeFox Add-on
    4. Delete all files and folders starting with 'WebSiteAdvantageKeePassFirefoxConverter' (There are 5 files and two additional directories).

Remarks:

If you download KeePass from the official download site it does not contain plugins.

If you downloaded KeePass from a different site, please post the link.

• macak

macak - 2015-02-07

Yes it was Keefox issue, but later I found out i can access all my logins by clicking its icon and then clicking 'logins' and selecting what login do I want to use and that's good enough for me.

Btw I can't remember where I've downloaded it from, but actually I think keefox wasn't initally installled with keepass, I think it detected that I am using fireox and than it offered to install keefox, but I'm not 100% sure!

OK thanks for your help, have a nice day, bye!

• Luckyrat

Luckyrat - 2015-02-15

Looks like this got resolved but just FYI KeeFox will download and install KeePass automatically for users that install the add-on via the Firefox addons website.

I try to make it easy to get new users set up with KeePass, including explaining the difference between KeeFox and KeePass but obviously it doesn't work every time and it's especially easy for users to forget the difference if they use it for a long time before hitting problems or questions.

Thanks,
    Chris
    (KeeFox developer)

• Paul

Paul - 2015-02-15

Thanks for the clarification.

cheers, Paul