Menu

Windows login

Help
Wesley
2017-04-05
2017-04-05
  • Wesley

Wesley - 2017-04-05

First of all, let me express my feelings about this program. It is simply the greatest! I have been using it for quite some time now across desktop, laptop, tablet en mobile phone and it has not let me down once. Since I started using this program I have changed passwords on almost all sites I have ever visited to strong 100 character passwords with the ease of clicking a few commands, where I used to use the same password for every website. Simply great!

One password that I have not yet changed is that of my Windows login. The reason is the fact that I don't know how I can enter it since the program isn't running when not yet logged in. Since I'm using 40-100 character passwords it's impossible to enter it by hand every time I boot up my computer.

Is there a way? Now I still have to remember more that 1 password :)

• Paul

Paul - 2017-04-06

KeePass will not enter the Windows password because it does not integrate with the Windows login system.

The Windows password doesn't provide much in the way of security unless you use full disk encryption.- physical access can bypass any password.

cheers, Paul

• Wesley

Wesley - 2017-04-06

Guess there is no system that can perform such an action?

• Paul

Paul - 2017-04-06

Not with KeePass as the source of the credentials.

cheers, Paul