Menu

chrome + autotype

Help
Wesley
2019-03-12
2019-03-12
  • Wesley

Wesley - 2019-03-12

Think I posted it in the incorrect forum.

Since I've been having more and more issues using Firefox I decided to try Chrome again. When re-login-in to my websites, I noticed some websites are not "found" by KeePass when I use the hot key, where they are in Firefox. Also with every login, my Google accounts appear in the accounts popup.

Is there a workaround for these issues? I only have the WebAutoType plugin installed.

• wellread1

wellread1 - 2019-03-12

Chrome includes the string 'Google Chrome' in the browser window title, whereas FireFox includes the term 'Mozilla FireFox'. This may account for entries named 'Google' matching every browser window.

With regard to other specific failures to match, you need to review what strings in each entry match a substring in the browser Window Title of the web page, or in the case of WebAutoType, match a substring in the browser's address bar.

• Review the KeePass Auto-Type documentation
    • Review the WebAutoType documentation
    • Check for any browser extension (e.g. the Url in Title Bar browser extensions that might have posted to the browser window title in FireFox. Compare with what you have installed in Chrome.
    • Review the KeePass options in Toos>Options>Advanced(tab)>Auto-Type(section)

Once you have reviewed how auto-type works, your KeePass settings, and any differences in the Chrome and FireFox, check your problem entries and determine why they don't match the browser Window Title (or address bar for WebAutoType matching).

Last edit: wellread1 2019-03-12
  • wellread1

wellread1 - 2019-03-12

Chrome compatibilty for WebAutoType broke in Chrome version 69. See https://sourceforge.net/projects/webautotype/ for the fix.

• Wesley

Wesley - 2019-03-12

Ah, that explains a lot. I will look into this. Thanks.