Menu

TOTP doesn't work on second login screen...

Help
gbrisbine
2018-01-08
2018-01-09
  • gbrisbine

gbrisbine - 2018-01-08

I don't know exactly when the problem started but I seem to be having some problems using TOTP with my Amazon account over the last few weeks. MFA with Amazon has two screens, username/password first then TOTP input.

My auto-type sequence is {USERNAME}{TAB}{PASSWORD}{ENTER}{DELAY 3000}{TOTP}{ENTER} but it never seems to perform anything after the first {ENTER}. I've appended {TOTP} to the username field and, on the first screen, it will work properly, but KeePass doesn't seem to autotype anything on the second screen. I've tried adding {SPACE}{SPACE}{SPACE}{HOME}{DELETE}{DELETE}{DELETE} after the delay to see if any autotype works on the second screen but that doesn't work either. The cursor is focused on the TOTP field on the second screen... I can Alt+Tab back to KeePass, do Ctrl+T on the Amazon entry, and do Ctrl+V on the focused field and it pastes fine and, after pressing Enter, it logs in successfully.

I've got a couple TOTP-enabled entries setup for AWS and those work fine with the exact same auto-type sequence. I don't have anything setup for "Use custom sequences for specific windows."

Any suggestions on how I should start troubleshooting this issue?

Thanks!

• Paul

Paul - 2018-01-09

Break it into 2 Auto-Type sequences, one for page one, the other for page two. When page two appears, click on the TOTP box and press the Auto-Type hot keys.

cheers, Paul

• gbrisbine

gbrisbine - 2018-01-09

Thanks for the help, Paul. I updated from v2.37 > v2.38 and it seems to be working now. I've got no idea why it fixed itself but I'm a happy camper. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thanks again helping with an AWESOME program!

Last edit: gbrisbine 2018-01-09