Menu

Recommended plugin for autofill?

boardtc
2021-06-04
2021-06-04
  • boardtc

boardtc - 2021-06-04

I've used KeePass since the mid naughties and have been very happy with it. I have never used plugins, though occasionally I have though about looking into LasstPass like functionality.

My wife started using Bitwarden after a colleague recommended it. I read about the difference , my impression is it's like Android v iPhone...I am very happy to stay with KeePass but I would like to try autofill functionality. Update I use KeePass2Android.

So I went to the plugin page and there are an insane amount there, quiet intimidating. Searching the page I found no mention of autofill, I just wanted to install a quick plugin and not spend an hour trying to figure it out and try multiple plugins. Is there a plugin that people recomened that will do this and work seemlessly on multiple Windows 10 & Android 10 devices?

Expanding on this question, a suggestion is that perhaps there could be a use case page compiled which would map out reasons for people to use the plugins. This would perhaps help with the overwhelming plugin page.

Last edit: boardtc 2021-06-04
  • Paul

Paul - 2021-06-04

There is nothing that will work on all platforms.
    In Windows you can try KeeForm or Kee Extention (not Kee Vault).
    I don't know of one for Android, although KeePass2Android has this ability (which I don't use).

cheers, Paul

👍
  • Havokdan

Havokdan - 2021-06-04

Several extensions work with KEEPASS2 (Windows), such as Kee, keepassxc-browser and others, for each, you have to install a plugin on KeePass2, in the case of Kee, you have to install the keepassrpc, in the case of KEEPASSXC-browser You have to install the Keenatmsg plugin. I only quoted these two, because they are my favorites for browsers, currently use XC.

• boardtc

boardtc - 2021-06-04

Thanks! I was not aware of https://keepassxc.org as an alternative to KEEPASS2. More options!