Menu

Font in Notes field

Txomin
2014-07-21
2022-06-25
  • Txomin

Txomin - 2014-07-21

Spy++ claims the notes window is a rich edit control (specifically, WindowsForms10.RichEdit20W).

Could you please allow the user to change the font of this one window? I simply cannot make out the text any more. It's too small for my aging eyes.

Other than this, thank you very, very much for developing KeePass and making it available for free. It is one of half a dozen applications I carry everywhere.

• Txomin

Txomin - 2014-07-21

No worries. Downloaded the source and did it myself. Thanks again.

• Paul

Paul - 2014-07-21

Would you mind sharing your modified code? Maybe add it here: https://github.com/dlech/keepass2

cheers, Paul

• Jack Walter

Jack Walter - 2015-04-21

Mh, is there no official way to set the font for the notes part? I'd really like to switch it to consolas...

• Benjam

Benjam - 2015-11-17

I would also like to change the fonts in the notes field. As well as the input and output for any field.

As it is now, it's difficult to distinguish between capital I (eye) and lowercase l (el), capital O (oh) and the numeral 0 (zero). I would suggest that any place where the contents are input or output to the user, the font should be settable to allow users to set a monospace font that has distinguishing glyphs for these characters. Not just the password field. Some usernames, notes, urls, etc may have any of: 0, O, I, l, or 1 in them that need to be easily distinguished from the rest.

• Paul

Paul - 2015-11-18

Why do you need to distinguish? Auto-Type enters the data for you.

cheers, Paul

• John11

John11 - 2015-11-23

The notes area is for ... notes. Some things require more than just a username and password.
    It would be very useful to be able to change it to a mono-space typeface as well as change the size.

• Paul

Paul - 2015-11-24

You can use custom fields for other required data.
    The secure internal viewer can change font, but you have to add an attachment.

cheers, Paul

• John Santos

John Santos - 2015-11-24

Another vote for being able to change the font of the notes window. Being able to change the font of the note's small input window would be nice, but what would really be great would be to alter the font of the notes viewer window at the bottom of the screen. Some notes simply look better with a monospaced font.

• tbone78

tbone78 - 2021-08-20

I also need to put tabular data into the notes field. Is there an update to this issue?
    Is it possible by some plugin or core update to set the font for the notes edit area?

I see there was a plugin, but the author said it is not stable to use:
    https://sourceforge.net/p/keepass/feature-requests/1859/

Any hints appreciated! Requests for a custom font seem to exist for years, there must be somebody who solved the problem, hu? o) Thanks!

• John Santos

John Santos - 2022-06-24

Every once in a while I come here to see if there has been any development on this issue. This usually happens when one of my colleagues at work asks me how to change the font of the notes field to monospace. I work in an IT department and was the one who introduced it at work, and now its use is mandatory there.

I am here to try and keep this request alive.

I know that this does not seem like an important issue. I know that the developement team has better things to do than lose time with some silly font request. But this doesn't seem like it would take a lot of time to implement, and it would make reading tabular data much easier in the notes field. Being able to change the font type and its size would really help.

Judging by the amount of topics I found where this issue has been mentioned over the years, I am sure that a lot of users would appreciate it.

• tbone78

tbone78 - 2022-06-25

Hey John, I want to help you to keep this request alive! o))