Menu

Autotype, send some of text string then send rest?

malc
2017-10-17
2017-10-17
  • malc

malc - 2017-10-17

Hi,

I can't think how to do this. I havea site which has a username, password1, 3 dropdown selections from password2. Trouble is the details of which 3 characters of password2 do not appear until you enter username and password1. Keepass seems to create the entire autotype string then put it out in one go. Hence I need a way to get it to fill in username and password1 first then come back to put up the char selection boxes. I've tried have 2 entries in autotype but it just picks the first that matches.

Suggestions?

• wellread1

wellread1 - 2017-10-17

It sounds like you are using Perform Auto-Type (Ctrl-V). This method auto-types the first match, even if there are multiple matches.

If you use the global Auto-Type hotkey (default hotkey Ctrl+Alt+A) a dialog box will appear that shows all sequences that match the window title (e.g. the browser tab title) and you can select the appropriate match.

The method for invoking the global auto-type hotkey is different than Perform Auto-Type. The target web page, not KeePass, has to have the focus when you press the global hotkey. See Auto-Type documentation for details.

• wellread1

wellread1 - 2017-10-17

By the way, you are correct that KeePass builds the complete auto-type string and puts it out in one go.

Last edit: wellread1 2017-10-17