Menu

Ctrl E doesn't work when a toolbar icon is highlighted

Paul
2015-01-03
2015-01-08
  • Paul

Paul - 2015-01-03

Ctrl E works fine when the focus in in any pane, but not on an icon.

Open KeePass, search box has focus.
    Press Tab to highlight "New Database" icon - 4 tabs on my box.
    Press Ctrl E to switch focus to the Search box, nothing happens.

cheers, Paul

• T. Bug Reporter

T. Bug Reporter - 2015-01-08

Just a guess, but this may have something to do with the fact that you're trying to change focus from one part of the toolbar to another - I haven't examined the code, but it's funny that keystrokes for other functions work in this condition; AFAICT, this is the only one that fails. It may be that the code is saying "change focus to the toolbar - wait, the focus is already in the toolbar, so don't do anything."

• Dominik Reichl

Dominik Reichl - 2015-01-08

Ctrl+E is special, because there is no menu item for this command. Thus Ctrl+E needs to be handled manually: controls in the main window listen to Ctrl+E and send the focus to the quick search box. I've implemented this for the group tree, the entry list, the entry details view, the database tab bar and the quick search box, but not for all the toolbar buttons.

There are more such key combinations that behave like this, e.g. Ctrl+H / Ctrl+J (for hiding the password / user name), F3 (for the 'Find' dialog), Ctrl+Tab, ...

In my opinion the actual problem is that the toolbar buttons even get the focus. The quick search box should of course get the focus, but not any of the other items of the toolbar. Unfortunately, I don't see any elegant solution for this (I dislike hacks like automatically moving the focus from the 'New' toolbar button to the quick search box).

Best regards,
    Dominik