Menu

Feature request: Install update now?

chromax
2018-06-22
2018-06-27
  • chromax

chromax - 2018-06-22

Hi,

thanks for this great, free software and the hard work on it.

I know that this was discussed in 2016, but for me it feels really ancient, to always download a file from a ad-intensive site like this when an update is available. So, if I am informed about updates, there should be the next step, a way to let it download and install by itself in the background.
    There can be a huge warning about the risks and everything or ask 5 times "Are you REALLY sure?", but please please implement this. Updates on multiple machines are a pain manually.
    Users with security concerns can do it the old way.

Bye

• T. Bug Reporter

T. Bug Reporter - 2018-06-22

This is a security program; everyone who installs it should be aware of the security concerns, and should monitor the update process for anomalies.

• Paul

Paul - 2018-06-23

What if my rogue web site pops up a message that looks just like a KeePass update message and then asks you to run this nice easy self updating program?

cheers, Paul

• chromax

chromax - 2018-06-24

It´s totally OK that I become a nice warning about this and it is disabled by default, but at the end its my decision to use this.

And since this is a professional software for professional users, there should be a basic principle of mature informed users that make their own decisions about security.

• chromax

chromax - 2018-06-26

Any other reactions?

• Horst

Horst - 2018-06-27

Why, it looks like there is no real need for an automatic update.
      So you have to live with it.