Menu

Duplicate selection with KeePass's Auto-Tpye required

Klaus
2017-11-25
2017-11-27
  • Klaus

Klaus - 2017-11-25

Hallo,

depending on the scope of work, I use two different accounts for accessing a special web application: a normal user account and an admin account. For this, I've made two entries within a group, both with the same URL, but two different usernames and passwords. My logon process is as follows: Selection of one of the two entries within the group; call of the assigned URL; key combination <Ctrl> + <Alt> + <A> to fill the registration form with user name and password via Auto-Type. Then an 'Auto-Type Entry Selection' window opens, in which the two entries are displayed again. Click once more on the previously selected entry to start the Auto-Type function.
    My question: can I simplify the registration formalism so that I only have to select the desired entry once?
    Thank you very much for your help.
    Klaus

• Paul

Paul - 2017-11-25

If you have selected the entry to open the URL then you can set a hot key to Auto-Type the selected entry.
    Tools > Options > Interface

cheers, Paul

• Tim

Tim - 2017-11-25

I think you meant Tools > Options > Integration. I spent more time than I shall admit looking for the option in -> Interface.

• Paul

Paul - 2017-11-26

It was close. :)

• Klaus

Klaus - 2017-11-27

It was close, yes - but I still want to thank you for the very fast and effective answer.
    Klaus