Menu

Empty Folders Comparison

Philip
2005-05-26
2016-11-22
  • Philip

Philip - 2005-05-26

KDiff3 is the best comparison tool I've found so far.
    I was using WinMerge until I was comparing files and could see differences on the screen that WinMerge didn't find...

I'd like to suggest an option to ignore empty folders when comparing directories. Many of the projects that I compare have a large number of empty folders. I have to unfold these to see whether any code actually changed in them.

Thanks and I appreciate your hard work on this program.

Philip

• Joachim Eibl

Joachim Eibl - 2005-05-29

Hi Philip,
      Just in order to better understand your needs: When a folder is empty in all compared versions, it should appear as equal (i.e. green in all versions). Isn't this the case or is this not sufficient in your case and why?
      Cheers,
      Joachim

• Alessandro

Alessandro - 2016-11-22

Hi Joachim,

for example when the "new" directory is a subfolder of a subfolder of a subfolder, and this is repeated for the 65 projects of your Visual Studio solution.
    In a specific real case I'm searching for probably a couple of differences but I have a huge list of directories in front of me...
    You have to check this 3-nested folder for all the projects.
    This is generated by the fact that other developers have not cleaned the folders created by a different "build configuration".

See attached file as example.

Thank you,
    Alessandro