Menu

Andy Ham radio

Help
2022-06-13
2022-06-15
  • Michael grate

Michael grate - 2022-06-13

I have your program ,, what it does is will not in no way let me log in. I installed it two time and the same problem,, 64 bit is the one I have.

• Andy Stewart

Andy Stewart - 2022-06-14

On 6/13/22 02:49PM, Michael grate wrote:

I have your program ,, what it does is will not in no way let me log in. I
      installed it two time and the same problem,, 64 bit is the one I have.

Hi Michael,

• What version did you download?

• Did you check the MD5SUM to see that your download was uncorrupted?

• How did you transfer the ISO file to the boot medium (I assume you used a USB
        thumb drive)?

These answers will help me to help you.

Andy

--
      Andy Stewart (KB1OIQ)

• Andy Stewart

Hi Michael,

I believe you sent an email directly to me, but my reply to you bounced, so I'll attempt to answer your questions here.

• Please download version 25, which is the latest version and only supports 64-bit machines (NOT Apple machines, but PCs).

• Please read the GETTING_STARTED document which explains how to compute the MD5SUM to ensure that the download was successful. Be sure to follow all of the steps in this document to avoid common problems.

• If you are seeing "Linux Mint" on the screen, you've done something wrong. This software collection is based on Xubuntu 22.04.0, and you should see "Andy's Ham Radio Linux" on the screen, at least briefly.

If there are other questions / issues, please post them here so others can learn from this experience.

Andy
        KB1OIQ

• Ramon Paradell

Ramon Paradell - 2022-06-14

I've had the same problem because I did not read all recommendations of Andy, stupid of me.
    Download README and GETTING STARTED and follow all recommendations, specially point 18 of GETTING STARTED.
    In this way there will be any trouble.
    Ramon, EA3JI

• Andy Stewart

Hi Ramon,

I hope that the information in README.txt and GETTING_STARTED (which are really the same file) will help you to successfully install "Andy's Ham Radio Linux". Be sure to install the latest version, which is version 25. Also, please keep us posted regarding your progess. I will help you as needed.

Andy
      KB1OIQ

• Ramon Paradell

Ramon Paradell - 2022-06-14

Hi Andy
    Yes, I have installed version 25 with any trouble, following your recommendations in these two files. Now it is running well, and I am learning how it works.
    I have added some direct access in the desktop for programs and Internet addresses normally used (QRZ, eQSL, etc)
    The first Linux distribution I used was Mandrake with a Pentium, long time ago, I discontinued using it and now I return back

Ramon, EA3JI

• Andy Stewart

Andy Stewart - 2022-06-15

On 6/14/22 04:51PM, Ramon Paradell wrote:

Hi Andy
      Yes, I have installed version 25 with any trouble, following your
      recommendations in these two files. Now it is running well, and I am learning
      how it works.
      I have added some direct access in the desktop for programs and Internet
      addresses normally used (QRZ, eQSL, etc)
      The first Linux distribution I used was Mandrake with a Pentium, long time ago,
      I discontinued using it and now I return back

Ramon, EA3JI

HI Ramon,

I am happy to hear of your success with version 25! I hope this software
      collection meets your needs.

Have fun(!) and 73,

Andy

--
      Andy Stewart (KB1OIQ)