Menu

Plesse add updated WSJT-X

2019-01-22
2019-01-28
  • Steve Haynes

Steve Haynes - 2019-01-22

I've tried to instal the latest WSJT-X Ver 2.0..0 package over you latest distro but it won't install due to broken dependancies. As the FT8 protocol has now changed the older version will no longer decode. Thanks Steve

• Peter Holmes

Peter Holmes - 2019-01-22

Hey Steve, Had the same problem. I follow Andy's hard work, most impressive! But I am a Linux Mint man, and in fact, I just upgraded to Linux Mint 19.1 (from 18.3) and was THEN successful loading WSJT-X v2.0.0.

Your problem is because Andy's current distribution is Ubuntu 16.04 LTS, Fear not! Andy is busy prepairing an update to the current Ubuntu 18.04 LTS "Bionic" which has all the dependencies. Otherwise you would have to compile from source (Tar.gz?) which is something I haven't done yet...didn't have to!

On the Linux Mint 19.1, I went to the WSJT Home Page and downloaded:
    Debian, Ubuntu 18.04 LTS, ... (64-bit): wsjtx_2.0.0_amd64.deb

Then I right clicked on it, and the default choice was "Open with GDebi Package Installer" which I did, and viola! Installed. Note: I DID get a message pop-up saying "WSJT-X is already installed" after the installation, which is the wrong message, for some unknown reason. That was confusing...perhaps the word "already" should not of been there.

Good Luck Steve
    GO, Andy, GO! Great Job!
    "holmzie" N2EXG

Last edit: Peter Holmes 2019-01-22
  • Andy Stewart

Andy Stewart - 2019-01-24

Hi Steve, Peter, and everybody,

I am very actively working on the 64-bit version of ANRL (version 22). It is based on Ubuntu Bionic Beaver (18.04). It definitely includes WSJT-X 2.0 and a bunch of other updates. I've had to build about 30 packages from source, since the repositories are quite out of date for some of our favorite software.

Would you like a lesson in pain? :-) Try building Xaster from source and include ALL of the supported formats. It isn't easy! :-) This is why I do it - so you don't have to do it! You can focus on using the tools to enjoy the ham radio hobby.

FYI, I have WSJT-X version 2.0 working on AHRL v21 (16.04). I downloaded the source tarball and put it into /usr/local/tarballs (as root). I then unpacked it into /usr/local/src and built it. I don't remember if I did anything else special.

Hey Peter, thanks for the "cheerleading"! I very much appreciate the enthusiastic support!!

Have a lot of fun, and 73,

Andy
    KB1OIQ

• Steve Haynes

Steve Haynes - 2019-01-24

Hi Andy,

I do understand how difficult it is to juggle with balls which are
      continually changing shape.

Thanks for the time you are putting in to make these tools work on
      Linux. As much as an open source OS is a great idea, it's not easy to
      grasp when coming from a MS developer background (which is easier for
      idiots like me!).

I'm looking forward to the next update. Any chance of adding an SSTV
      tool (or maybe I missed that).

Cheers Steve (2E0MMY)

On 2019-01-24 01:34, Andy Stewart wrote:

Hi Steve, Peter, and everybody,

I am very actively working on the 64-bit version of ANRL (version 22). It is based on Ubuntu Bionic Beaver (18.04). It definitely includes WSJT-X 2.0 and a bunch of other updates. I've had to build about 30 packages from source, since the repositories are quite out of date for some of our favorite software.

Would you like a lesson in pain? :-) Try building Xaster from source and include ALL of the supported formats. It isn't easy! :-) This is why I do it - so you don't have to do it! You can focus on using the tools to enjoy the ham radio hobby.

FYI, I have WSJT-X version 2.0 working on AHRL v21 (16.04). I downloaded the source tarball and put it into /usr/local/tarballs (as root). I then unpacked it into /usr/local/src and built it. I don't remember if I did anything else special.

Hey Peter, thanks for the "cheerleading"! I very much appreciate the enthusiastic support!!

Have a lot of fun, and 73,

Andy
      KB1OIQ

Plesse add updated WSJT-X [1]

Sent from sourceforge.net because you indicated interest in https://sourceforge.net/p/kb1oiq-andysham/discussion/1789006/

To unsubscribe from further messages, please visit https://sourceforge.net/auth/subscriptions/

[1]
      https://sourceforge.net/p/kb1oiq-andysham/discussion/1789006/thread/d91f9f1b6a/?limit=25#de0c