Menu

WFS plugin

2010-05-03
2013-06-05
  • Michele Beretta

Michele Beretta - 2010-05-03

Hello,
    i'm using geoserver to serve data via WMS and WFS. I experienced "parsing error" using wfsPlugin version 1.1.0 both with linux and windows, while the older 0.3 seems to work better. There is some known problem between geoserver and this openjump plugins?
    Thanks in advance
    Michele

• Andreas Schmitz

Andreas Schmitz - 2010-05-03

Hi,

it would be useful to see the full log of your output to analyse the problem further. In theory, the plugin should work with any compliant WFS server, although there are some caveats depending on which WFS version you use (1.0.0/1.1.0).

Best regards, Andreas

• Michele Beretta

Michele Beretta - 2010-05-07

Hello,
    i installed both 0.3 and 1.1.0 version of wfsplugin and with the first i'm able to retrieve geoserver 2.0.1 data.
    Using the latest version i can connect to localhost server but when i click ok to get data the error is:

de.latlon.deejump.wfs.DeeJUMPException: Error parsing response.
    at de.latlon.deejump.wfs.data.JUMPFeatureFactory.createDeegreeFCfromWFS(JUMPFeatureFactory.java:259)
    at de.latlon.deejump.wfs.plugin.WFSPlugIn.run(WFSPlugIn.java:143)
    at com.vividsolutions.jump.workbench.ui.task.TaskMonitorManager$TaskWrapper.run(TaskMonitorManager.java:151)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:636)
    Caused by: java.io.IOException: Server returned HTTP response code: 503 for URL: http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd
    at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream(HttpURLConnection.java:1269)
    at java.net.URL.openStream(URL.java:1029)
    at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLEntityManager.setupCurrentEntity(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLEntityManager.startEntity(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLEntityManager.startDTDEntity(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDTDScannerImpl.setInputSource(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentScannerImpl$DTDDispatcher.dispatch(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocument(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.xerces.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.xerces.parsers.DTDConfiguration.parse(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.xerces.parsers.XMLParser.parse(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.xerces.parsers.DOMParser.parse(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.xerces.jaxp.DocumentBuilderImpl.parse(Unknown Source)
    at org.deegree.framework.xml.XMLFragment.load(XMLFragment.java:464)
    at de.latlon.deejump.wfs.data.JUMPFeatureFactory.createDeegreeFCfromWFS(JUMPFeatureFactory.java:249)

For both i use wfs 1.0.0.
    Thanks!
    Michele

• Nobody/Anonymous

Andreas, if you find anything that is obviously wrong on Geoserver side please report about it to me (jukka dot rahkonen at mmmtike dot fi).  It is possible that we can get Geoserver bugs corrected rather fast.

-Jukka-