Menu

CLI wide Output Telnet windows.

Help
Khilo
2014-05-27
2014-05-29
  • Khilo

Khilo - 2014-05-27

i have encountered a problem which i am trying unsuccessfully to solve for two days.
    When infra try to execute via CLI interface a command with wide output a timeout exception is thrown,
    i have tried enlarging the timeout to 3,4 minutes but the problem still unresolved .

Any Help ?

Note :
    when manually trying to execute the command in windows CLI it executed in seconds .

Thanks,
    Khilooo

• Khilo

Khilo - 2014-05-28

In My Case it seems That it recycle The output ( Empty !!!) so it throws exception.

• Khilo

Khilo - 2014-05-28

In My Case it seems That it recycle The output ( Empty !!!) so it throws exception.

• Hovav

Hovav - 2014-05-28

what is the form of the output of the command? singleline? multiline? what is the avg length of the lines?

how many prompts you have? are you using regexp prompts?

• Khilo

Khilo - 2014-05-28

The output is in multiline form (See attached txt for example) .
    The average length is about 600 characters in each line, The only prompt i have is ">" which is the prompt of the sqllite ( i have also tried the following regular expression as a prompt : "\n|\t")

Thanks,

• Khilo

Khilo - 2014-05-28

below my code ( even with disabled prompt) :
    cliCommand = new CliCommand(command);
    cliCommand.setTimeout(timeout);
    cliCommand.setDontWaitForPrompts(true);
    handleCliCommand(this.title + " " + title,cliCommand);
    // Thread.sleep(30000);
    setTestAgainstObject(cliCommand.getResult());
    output = getTestAgainstObject().toString();
    notifyObservers();
    return output;

• Hovav

Hovav - 2014-05-29

please try to disable the "cliCommand.setDontWaitForPrompts(true);" part and also please use the following regexp prompt:
    "\s\>\s"

• Khilo

Khilo - 2014-05-29

didn't work ! .
    i have done a walk around solution by reading in each iteration 20 lines from the output , then gathering all the output together .

Thanks,