Menu

Capital M trying to paste the clipboard

Help
Tim Boyer
2018-11-20
2018-11-20
  • Tim Boyer

Tim Boyer - 2018-11-20

I've been using joe in Unix and Linux for decades, and finally decided to try the Windows version. Win10, installed the .msi, and every time I type a capital M it tries to insert the clipboard, and gives me a 'Clipboard empty' on the bottom left if there's nothing there.

Capital M is the only character that dosn't work correctly. Confirmed that all of the other characters work correctly. Not a clue where to start looking on this one...

• Tim Boyer

Tim Boyer - 2018-11-20

So removing the winpaste line for the mouse in jstarrc fixed it - but no idea why. But I never would use that anyway, so this works for me. :)

• John J. Jordan

John J. Jordan - 2018-11-20

Some of the mouse stuff broke in 4.6. There were changes in how the middle mouse button was represented, and I must have messed up a merge, so it was parsing MMDOWN as M. I've been meaning to get an update out but have been too busy with a baby (sorry). There's another problem with large windows horizontally you'll probably run into. I'd recommend sticking with 4.5 until I can get some time to work out the kinks.