Menu

Colors poll

2017-07-30
2017-11-17
  • John J. Jordan

John J. Jordan - 2017-07-30

Hi there,

I've been working a bit on supporting color schemes in the standard (non-Windows) version of JOE. I plan to replace the color scheme stuff that's in the Windows version with this more general feature.

When I did it for Windows, I went a little overboard with the number of color schemes that were included. Now that the file format is changing, I'd like to include fewer schemes to present a more cohesive package (also because it's less work).

I was wondering whether anyone who's using color schemes in Windows could let me know what scheme (or schemes) it is you are using; I'll try not to remove those...

Thanks!
    -john

• Carlos

Carlos - 2017-07-31

I'd keep desert and zenburn (high contrast).

• orzi

orzi - 2017-09-25

lucius is my favourite.

• Sourry

Sourry - 2017-11-16

Great, thanks a lot John!
    I'm low on time budget, so I haven't managed to build my own light-background scheme. Just wanted to see if someone else has already done anything like that.
    But I can't even find the mentioned "lucius" or "desert" schemes. Only the vim files.
    Is there a link collection of jcf scheme files?

Thanks,

-harry

• John J. Jordan

John J. Jordan - 2017-11-16

https://github.com/jjjordan/joe-colors/tree/master/output

There are a few light schemes there, specifically moria-light and pyte. There are also some blue schemes if your terminal supports it.

• John J. Jordan

John J. Jordan - 2017-11-17

There's also this one: https://github.com/jjjordan/base16-joe

If you find a vim scheme that you like (from vimcolors.com or the elsewhere) I can probably port it pretty easily -- just log an issue on github.com/jjjordan/joe-colors

Last edit: John J. Jordan 2017-11-17
  • Sourry

Sourry - 2017-11-17

Again, thanks a lot!
    I'll go with moria-light for now. In vim, I used the auto-reverse feature with no special scheme. This is my 10 years old ~/.Xdefaults:
    ! Setting light yellow light transparent background - requires altering standard yellow (color3)
    urxvt.background: rgba:FC00/F800/CC00/cccc
    urxvt.foreground: #071311
    urxvt.color3: #805500

Maybe future releases con include one light scheme?

Thanks,

-harry