Menu

Run times for Reporting feature in JS1.9+

Developers
2016-01-28
2016-01-28
  • Grant Hopwood

Grant Hopwood - 2016-01-28

To enable the Reporting feature https://kb.sos-berlin.com/display/PKB/Reporting,

I've followed the instructions in /<install>/install/reporting/readme.txt.

What should the run times for the job chains /sos/reporting/Inventory and Reporting be?

Thanks.

..sorry, I posted in the wrong forum.

Last edit: Grant Hopwood 2016-01-28
  • Andreas

Andreas - 2016-01-28

Hi Grant,

that's up to you: it depends on the topicality of your reports. The inventory job chain is only required to run if changes have been applied to job related objects, e.g. if jobs have been added or removed. However, it runs very fast, therefore it's more convenient to run the inventory job chain before each run of the reporting job chain.

Consider the following scenarios:

• You create daily reports for job executions of the last 24 hrs. In this case it is sufficient to run the reporting job chain immediately before you create the reports.
    • You access the reporting database from your jobs or from a monitor such as Splunk to check e.g. if errors occurred in previous job runs. For this scenario I would schedule the reporting job chain e.g. every two minutes. The reporting job is decently optimized, it will run just for a few seconds and should not create a lot of load if repeated fequently.

Best regards
    Andreas