Menu

Building jManage src drop

Help
2005-11-23
2013-05-02
  • Prashant Reddy

Prashant Reddy - 2005-11-23

I have downloaded the src drop "jmanage-1.0-beta2-src.tar.gz" and am tring to build it using Maven 1.0.2.

I have read the Build guide on jManage's website.

Is the Maven build supposed to work with out any tweaks to project.properties ?

The reason I ask is that
    $ cat project.properties | grep -n jmanage-management
    52:maven.jar.jmanage-management = ${basedir}/../management/target/jmanage-management.jar

1. if basedir is where the maven.xml is, Should't it be ${basedir}/management/ ?

I donot use Maven as much, so please excuse if this is a stupid question.

Maven Build Err :

build:start:

build-all-modules:
        [javac] Compiling 1 source file to /home/prashant/working_dir/opensource/jmanage_src/build/modules/weblogic/classes
    /home/prashant/working_dir/opensource/jmanage_src/modules/common/src/main/java/org/jmanage/core/modules/JMXServerConnection.java:18: package org.jmanage.core.management does not exist
    import org.jmanage.core.management.*;
    ^
    /home/prashant/working_dir/opensource/jmanage_src/modules/common/src/main/java/org/jmanage/core/modules/JMXServerConnection.java:19: package org.jmanage.core.management does not exist
    import org.jmanage.core.management.ObjectName;
                                       ^

Thanks for any help,
    -Prashant

• Prashant Reddy

Prashant Reddy - 2005-11-23

Ok, never mind. I have got it to work. There was no editing of project.properties required.

"maven build-all" did the magic. :)

-Prashant

• Rakesh Kalra

Rakesh Kalra - 2005-11-23

It is kind of confusing currently. "build-all-modules" requires "build" to be executed first. "build-all" builds everything, but requires weblogic.jar to be copied to weblogic module.

Anyway, I am glad you figured it out.

Regards,
        Rakesh