Menu

Problem with reading big Excel file

Help
kbakaras
2007-02-06
2012-11-29
  • kbakaras

kbakaras - 2007-02-06

Beforehand, I want to apologize for my English.

I am trying to read some data from excel file. About 4000 records. So I iterate rows and read target cells (one cell in a time, about 10-15 cells in a row).
    I have an error while reading near 25-50 rows (every time error apears for different row).

I use to get cells by invoking "Item" property with two arguments (row, col) on "Range" collection acquired by Invoking "Cells" method of Sheet interface. To simplify coding I've created class with static method and use it for property invocation:

static IJIDispatch getDispatch(IJIDispatch obj, String name, Object[] inparams) throws JIException {
            JIVariant[] res = obj.get(name, inparams);
            IJIDispatch dispatch = (IJIDispatch)res[0].getObjectAsComObject(obj);

return dispatch;
        }

and to get cell one can write:

public Cell getCell(int row, int col) throws JIException {
            IJIDispatch dispatch = COMUtils.getDispatch(cells, "Item", new Object[] {row, col});
            return new Cell(dispatch);
        }

Cell is a constructor of my Cell wrapper that encapsulates needed methods.

I thought, It was somehow concerned to references management, but according to Your documentation refernce management is accomplished automatically.

Stacktrace of error is as follows:

org.jinterop.dcom.common.JIException: Message not found for errorCode: 0x1C01000B
            at org.jinterop.dcom.core.JIComServer.call(JIComServer.java:445)
            at org.jinterop.dcom.core.JIComObjectImpl.call(JIComObjectImpl.java:113)
            at org.jinterop.dcom.win32.JIDispatchImpl.getIDsOfNames(JIDispatchImpl.java:101)
            at org.jinterop.dcom.win32.JIDispatchImpl.get(JIDispatchImpl.java:416)
            at ru.glance.excel.dcom.Cell.getValue(Cell.java:45)
            at planloader.Main.doRun(Main.java:172)
            at planloader.Main.main(Main.java:211)
    Caused by: rpc.FaultException: Fault occurred. (PROTOCOL_ERROR)
            at rpc.security.ntlm.NtlmConnectionContext.accept(Unknown Source)
            at rpc.ConnectionOrientedEndpoint.bind(ConnectionOrientedEndpoint.java:154)
            at rpc.ConnectionOrientedEndpoint.rebind(ConnectionOrientedEndpoint.java:142)
            at org.jinterop.dcom.transport.JIComEndpoint.rebindEndPoint(JIComEndpoint.java:40)
            at org.jinterop.dcom.core.JIComServer.call(JIComServer.java:437)
            ... 6 more

Thanks.

• Vikram Roopchand

Hi,
         I need to see the log file of this operation (please set the log level to FINEST, JISystem.setLogLevel(...) before the program starts). And please let me know the OS version you are running the library on.

My mail Id is vikram.roopchand@gmail.com

Thanks,
      best regards,
      Vikram

• kbakaras

kbakaras - 2007-02-06

Hi,
      I'm running library and COM server on same machine (localhost). OS is "Windows Server 2003". I've sent zipped log-file on Your e-mail.

Thanks.

• Vikram Roopchand

Hi,
           Can you please resend the file directly to my mail address at gmail, the sourceforge system does not send attachments.

Thanks,
        best regards,
        Vikram

• kbakaras

kbakaras - 2007-02-06

I've sent my yahoo and icq contacts to your e-mail (vikram.roopchand@gmail.com ). Please, respond if you got them.
      Thanks.

• Vikram Roopchand

Great ! Got everything...it had gone to Spam unfortunately :))...
      Will get back to you soon,
      Thanks,
      best regards,
      Vikram

• kbakaras

kbakaras - 2007-02-07

Hi!

I looked through the log file. And in the tail of it there was an error reported.

SEVERE: An internal error occurred. [0x8001FFFF]

It looks like there is an RPC connection lost. And after that error (even if I caught that exception) my program is not able to make calls to that COM-server anymore.

Thanks!

• kbakaras

kbakaras - 2007-02-07

Hi,
      Please, let me know if there are any news about this issue. I'm very depend on solving it to accomplish my little project. Maybe I can help somehow to speed up the solution?

Thanks!

• Vikram Roopchand

My friend, I have one more important issue to resolve before I pick up yours, but please don't worry if this is a bug I will fix it up at the earliest...

Thanks,
        best regards,
        Vikram

• Vikram Roopchand

Okay I am done with other issue now, can you please send me your sample code and a sample file so that I can reproduce the issue here ?

Thanks,
      best regards,
      Vikram

• kbakaras

kbakaras - 2007-02-07

Hi,
      I've sent you my samples. Just write here to remind that last time my messeges "had gone to Spam unfortunately". So, please be sure to check the spam-box too. :)

Thanks!

• kbakaras

kbakaras - 2007-02-08

Hi,
      Please, let me know was there any progress with this issue? Have you been able to reproduce the error? Or maybe there were any troubles with running my samples?

Thanks!

• Vikram Roopchand

Hi Konstantin,
                      I am working on it.

:),
        Vikram

• kbakaras

kbakaras - 2007-02-09

Hi,
      Yesterday I decided to try out running the program on JDK 6.0. Before now it was JDK 5.0 Update 9. And with 6.0 there was no problem anymore. At that, it does not matter how to compile the sample (i.e. with 1.5.0_09 or with 1.6.0). But it is matters, on which JVM to run. On 1.5.0_09 the problem is being stably reproduced, and on 6.0 my program stably works.
      I haven't tried running on 1.5.0_11 yet. But I'll try when get to the office today.

Thanks,
      Best regards,
      Konstantin

• Vikram Roopchand

Whoa ! I find that very strange ! Please keep me updated.

Thanks,
        best regards,
        Vikram