Menu

Help with linking in cygwin

Help
shidrati
2004-11-26
2012-09-15
  • shidrati

shidrati - 2004-11-26

I need some help to link the library in cygwin. The instructions gives the following command

-L<ITPP_HOME>/lib -L<ITPP_EXTERNAL_HOME>/lib/<ARCH>/gcc<VERSION> -lit++ -lit++external -lg2c

but I don't know what ITPP_EXTERNAL_HOME or ARCH or the gcc<VERSION> is. Can someone help me?

Thank you,
    Shidrati

• hanhnga

hanhnga - 2005-10-30

Hi shidrati,

I also did not know how to use the linking method that you used. But in the IT++ manual, it's said that you can use the it-config file in c/it++3.8.1/bin to perform the linking. (Here, I assume that my it++ is installed at c/it++3.8.1)

With the "it-config method", all I did is writing at the cygwin prompt

export PATH=/cygdrive/c/it++3.8.1/bin:$PATH

and then I can successfully compile my programs (using the instruction from the manual, pls aware of ' and , I use -->ok, but ' -->error, I do not know why).

But whenener I start a new cygwin session then I have to perform the export ... again otherwise I receive error message that it-config can not be found.

This is what I did to link IT++ in cygwin. It is ok with my computer and one of my labmate's computer. I do not know whether It works for your computer or not but just try it. Hope it help.

Vietnam