Menu

Failed to upgrade extensions

xinwang
2020-08-25
2023-08-09
  • xinwang

xinwang - 2020-08-25

Dear community,
    When I use itohub to upgrade the extensions, the system shows that the upgrade extensions failed.Thank you in advance.

• Pierre Goiffon

Pierre Goiffon - 2020-09-23

Hello,
    Where did you get your iTop package ? Directly by cloning the GitHub repo ? What version are you running ?

• xinwang

xinwang - 2020-09-25

iTop version 2.5.1-4123 built on 2018-10-17 13:10:55 from Sourceforge.net

Last edit: xinwang 2020-09-25
      • Pierre Goiffon

Pierre Goiffon - 2020-09-25

Ok thanks.
        It seems the Hub doesn't send all needed informations to your iTop instance, or something is filtering them.
        Did you try with another browser ?
        What do you think @combodobruno ?

• Joe Kreg

Joe Kreg - 2023-07-03

Sorry for resurrecting this, I am also getting this error now when trying to install an extension from the HUB. We have 3 simliar instances of iTop, DEV, QA and STAGE. The extension "dispatch incident to team" was able to install in QA instance, but not on the other two. We are getting the same error as the OP. From the error.log

2023-07-03 14:59:45 | Error | 4 | Error: Inconsistent product '', expecting 'iTop'. | IssueLog |||
    2023-07-03 14:59:45 | Error | 4 | Inconsistent product '', expecting 'iTop' | IssueLog |||

In another post I read that the URL generator may be adding an extra /
    failed: https://<itop_url>//pages/exec.php?exec_module=itop-hub-connector&exec_page=land.php&maintenance=true&login_saml=connected </itop_url>

success: https://<itop_url>/pages/exec.php?exec_module=itop-hub-connector&exec_page=land.php&maintenance=true&login_saml=connected </itop_url>

Dev has a few more extensions installed than QA and STAGE but QA and STAGE are pretty much identical in versions of software. Let me know what other information I can provide to help identify an issue. I may bring up that an upgrade and clean install would likely be needed to my team.

QA instance does fail with the same error with another extension that is deployed via the hub.

I am wondering if its the SAML session not remaining open, I noticed in the stage instance that it failed when I clicked SAML to authenticate, but went back and redeployed and it logged me in changing that slash to just /pages/exec.php?...instead of //pages/exec.php

Last edit: Joe Kreg 2023-07-03
  • Joe Kreg

Joe Kreg - 2023-07-03

So after testing, if it presents a login to deploy the extension it will fail, but if I go back (after clicking saml and it failing) and click install from the HUB it succeeds. Interesting. Not sure what is causing it but at least I have a work around.

• Pierre Goiffon

Pierre Goiffon - 2023-08-09

Hello,
      Many thanks for your feedback !
      Seems very similar to [#2037]. Unfortunately, this fix isn't planned in a iTop version yet :/

Related

Tickets: #2037