Menu

OCS Inventory Error

2024-01-30
2024-02-23
  • Marlene Lara

Marlene Lara - 2024-01-30

Hello everyone, how are you?

I am trying to integrate iTop with OCS Inventory, I use iTop version 3.0.4, OCS Inventory 2.9 and the Data collector for OCS Inventory NG 2.0.0 extension.

But I got the following error when recompiling and synchronizing with iTop.

[Error] Failed to update the Synchro Data Source. Inconsistent data model, the attribute 'ocs_oscomment' does not exist in iTop.

Has this happened to anyone else?
    Could you give me a clue to solve it :,)

• Marlene Lara

Marlene Lara - 2024-02-05

Hello @Pierre Goiffon thanks for responding :)

I did the installation as in the documentation without any success.
    The error indicates The attribute 'ocs_oscomment' that you are trying to update does not exist in iTop, which is generating the error.

Any other clue, try with version 1.0.7 and it worked correctly since it does not need ocs_oscomment, in version 2.0.0 is where it says that the ocs_oscomment attribute does not exist, maybe I have to create them in each of the classes that do it uses, although should this be done by the extension or not?

Thank you.

Last edit: Marlene Lara 2024-02-05
  • Pierre Goiffon

Pierre Goiffon - 2024-02-13

The said attribute is created by the iTop module I mentionned in my previous message.
    Check that this module is really installed on your iTop instance ? A list of installed modules is available in the about box.

• Marlene Lara

Marlene Lara - 2024-02-23

Hello @Pierre how are you ?

I carried out the verifications and it seems to be installed, version 1.0 works fine but 2.0 sends the error

[Error] Failed to update the Synchro Data Source. Inconsistent data model, the attribute 'ocs_oscomment' does not exist in iTop.

Any other ideas why this extension doesn't work on my iTop?

• Pierre Goiffon

Pierre Goiffon - 2024-02-23

Hello,

• I was talking about the Data model for OCS Inventory extension, and you replied stating the Data Collector for OCS Inventory is installed
    • Collectors are stand alone applications, they aren't iTop extensions. In consequence they should be located outside of the iTop directory.

• Marlene Lara

Hello @Pierre Thanks for responding

I'm a little confused, I installed the iTop OCS Inventory extension.

I also installed the OCS Inventory Collector obviously outside the iTop directory and it works fine, is this what you mean?

Your connection data is fine, with version 1.0 it worked correctly, I created the PC/Laptop category in OCS inventory and the integration worked, I brought the PC/Laptop category to iTop and I was able to show information about the laptop in iTop.

• Marlene Lara

Hello @Pierre Thanks for responding

I'm a little confused, I installed the iTop OCS Inventory extension.

I also installed the OCS Inventory Collector obviously outside the iTop directory and it works fine, is this what you mean?

Your connection data is fine, with version 1.0 it worked correctly, I created the PC/Laptop category in OCS inventory and the integration worked, I brought the PC/Laptop category to iTop and I was able to show information about the laptop in iTop.

But this works only in version 1.0, we want to use 2.0 for its new functions, but we get the error that the 'ocs_oscomment' attribute does not exist in iTop.

Thanks for your help.

Last edit: Marlene Lara 2024-02-23
  • Marlene Lara

Do you think it could be due to the version of OCS Inventory?