Menu

Synchro Data Source - Person Picture

Vincent K
2023-11-11
2024-01-02
  • Vincent K

Vincent K - 2023-11-11

Good morning, I would like to bring to your attention an important "problem" regarding the "Synchro Data Source" function.

I make a brief summary of what I have developed before addressing the problem: In the company, a need has arisen to synchronize data from our IDP to iTop.For the purpose, I have made a script in Python that goes to feed a csv file, once fed this file needs to be forwarded to iTop to synchronize the "Person" class the script works very well, except for the last change I am trying to implement namely: the synchronization of the profile picture.I learned that the field "picture" works very well in case of manual import, however if I go to do the import via my script (so via CLI) when it tries to perform the synchronization it returns in SSH "Unknown column picture class person" which is very strange because in the Synchro attributes the field actually exists!

What do you guys suggest? What approach could I take to implement the profile picture as well?

Thank you very much!

Personally, I would adapt the synchro Data Source so that it works similarly with manual importing

• Vincent K

Vincent K - 2023-11-16

• Pierre Goiffon

Pierre Goiffon - 2023-12-01

Hello,
    What is your datasynchro config ?

• Vincent K

Vincent K - 2023-12-05

Hello! please explain: you want see attributes?

• Alexandre

Alexandre - 2023-12-26

Thanks to @hipska, it's available since iTop 3.0.1 https://github.com/Combodo/iTop/pull/236
    You need to provide 3 columns
    * picture_data : data is base64 encoded
    * picture_minetype
    * picture_filename

👍

Last edit: Alexandre 2023-12-26
    • Vincent K

Vincent K - 2023-12-30

Yeah but this PR isn't implemented on iTop 3.x yet.

i'm using it and don't work correctly.

• Alexandre

Alexandre - 2024-01-02

This enhancement is avalaible in iTop since iTop3.0.1, so it's available in iTop 3.1 to.
    Could you please share the structure of your CSV File and the screen copy of your datasynchronization in iTop.

👍