Menu

Creation tickets

stade13
2013-07-09
2014-02-06
  • stade13

stade13 - 2013-07-09

Hello,
    A question about ITOP for know whether matches my expectations. In my case it is my company that offers services (a service company). I saw when creating a ticket, the caller must be part of the customer. While in my case my company (provider) opens these tickets to customers, these tickets also treated by his engineers (provider). During installation I chose the option for service management provider.

How can I manage this?

This is very important because i want to migrated to this new tool

• Rob Harvey

Rob Harvey - 2014-02-06

If I understand your post correctly - I think we have the same problem.

I am service provider and when a customer calls me, I want to open a ticket and enter their name - but I can't enter their name, only select them from a list once I've established which "organization" they belong to.

I service one "company" with lots of "business units". Currently each business unit is an iTop Organization.

I suspect, that unless there is an easy way to change the ticketing system, that my simplest solution would be to put all the staff into one "organization" but that would then mean I can't offer different SLAs or Delivery models to different business units.

Did you ever get a solution?

Last edit: Rob Harvey 2014-02-06