Keyboard-Shortcut for Cisco-Devices

Help
Kal
2008-10-01
2014-04-22
  • Kal

Kal - 2008-10-01

Hello world,

on Cisco-Devices a Shortcut "Shift-Ctrl-6 +x" escapes the session and takes you back to your previous session. On Windows this worked regardless of the terminal-programm (TeraTerm, Putty, SecureCRT). But in iTerm i'm not able to send this sequence.

Can anyone tell me how this is done? Any Cisco-Admins here?

For clarification I'll paste a part of the Cisco-documentation:

---------- cut ----------

Escaping Terminal Sessions and Switching to Other Connections

After you have started a connection, you can escape out of the current terminal session by using the escape key sequence (Ctrl-Shift-6 then X by default). You can type the command character as you hold down the Ctrl key or with the Ctrl key released; you can type either uppercase or lowercase letters.

In screen output examples that show two caret (^^) symbols together, the first caret represents the Control key (Ctrl) and the second caret represents the key sequence Shift-6. The double-caret combination (^^) means hold down the Ctrl key while you press the Shift and the 6 key.

By default, the escape key sequence is Ctrl-Shift-6, X.

---------- cut ----------

Thanks, Kal

• Florian Cokl

Florian Cokl - 2014-04-22

Hey Kal,

the question here is what will ctrl-shift-6 produce on an US-ENGLISH-keyboard?!

The output will be a carret or this symbol: ^ (that thing that looks like a roof)

And that carret is somewhere else depending on the keyboard you use - in my case (German keyboard on a MAC) ctrl-carret will do the trick ;-) The carret is located on my keyboard on the top left beneath the ESC-key.

Happy hunting