I finally got tired of my computer type's not getting
saved and decided to try trunk_1.5.8 (29 June 2006).
I got a few errors in the DB upgrade. There were 2
columns it tried to add that already existed:
The database upgrade process also tried to insert a
bunch of records into the 'lookup_data' table which
didn't exist. I go the 'create table' statement from
database/install.php and created the table.
Finally, I had a location that had an apostrophe
(Baker's Rack) and if the code had created the table
correctly, it might have worked, I don't know, but
cutting and pasting it from the error page, it hadn't
properly escaped it to 'Baker\'s Rack'