Menu

Network login help

Help
2017-05-25
2024-01-28
  • Tom Hohnhaus

Tom Hohnhaus - 2017-05-25

Hi:
    I have io Gnu Linux installed on an exterior USB 500 gig hard drive, hardwired to the internet, along with a hard wired MAC and a hard wired Win 10 desktop.I'd like to access those and also a backup drive but the file managers all say that I am, not authorized."
    How do I fix that?
    Thanks

• Tom Hohnhaus

Tom Hohnhaus - 2017-05-25

Hi:
    Also I have not figured out how to change the time zone
    Thanks for your help

• Solarodos

Solarodos - 2017-05-27

I am with the same problem to. I suppose the time zone is linked to the input choice. So, I have a hold french netbook, and necessarily the input keyboard must be french. I get the french timezone, but I'm not in France anymore! Didn't find a way to change it...

Last edit: Solarodos 2017-05-27
  • Tom Hohnhaus

Tom Hohnhaus - 2017-05-28

I'm going to wait a couple days and submit a ticket :-0

• Solarodos

Solarodos - 2017-06-02

I've figured out how to change the time zone! It is not linked with the input choice. Its linked with the chosen language. I've notice that it had a difference of 5 hours, and I remembered that I've chose English-US has language for the system.
    So, on the boot screen, I've pressed F2 and change the language for the country where I am right now, Portugal!
    Et voilà!... I got the correct time zone. See if it works for you to.
    It won't stand! Every time I reboot, get back to English-US, so what I am gonna do is to reinstall from scratch, but this time I'll select Pt. from the beginning.

Last edit: Solarodos 2017-06-03
  • Henry James

Henry James - 2023-07-31

Sorry to hear you're having trouble accessing your hard drives on your Linux system. Try checking file permissions or logging in as the root user for greater access privileges. If you're still having trouble, consider seeking additional technical support from a Linux expert. Best of luck!

• Devin Clark

Devin Clark - 2023-10-06

It seems like you're facing authorization issues when trying to access certain drives from your IO GNU Linux installation on an external USB hard drive. Resolving this might involve adjusting permissions or user settings. Have you tried checking the ownership and permissions of the folders or drives in question? You might need to use terminal commands like "chown" and "chmod" to modify ownership and permissions accordingly.

Now, segueing into the unique relevance of using good morning images, imagine these images as a virtual sunrise in the realm of human connections. Sending a good morning image isn't just a routine gesture; it's like presenting a sunrise, a burst of positivity and warmth encapsulated in pixels. It becomes a visual poetry of affection, a gentle reminder that you're thinking of your friends and family right from the start of the day.

Last edit: Devin Clark 2024-01-13
  • instaproplus

instaproplus - 2023-10-18

Instapro and Thop tv are the best apps for the entertainment.

• Piyush Yadav

Piyush Yadav - 2024-01-28

A Percentage Calculator is a useful tool that simplifies the process of calculating percentages, making it easy to determine proportions or discounts in various situations. It helps users quickly find percentages of numbers without the need for manual calculations.

• Aqsa Bibi

Aqsa Bibi - 2024-01-04
    Post awaiting moderation.