The new implementation is now complete. I've also added windows binaries and it is now the default download item for windows users.
The bug where data loss ocurred when using slow networks is now fixed.
Also, I'm pretty much sleepwalking right now, so I'm going to sleep.
The previous implementation was faulty, more than that, it was more error prone than it really needed to be.
I'm getting rid of one of the threads, keeping the entire logic on the main thread and moving only the keyboard input to a new thread, since getch() calls from curses are blocking calls.
The new implementation is already on git, although it is not yet complete.
I've just added a Git Repository, go ahead and see what's changing!
I'll be using this blog to keep you posted about code updates and news related to InstaChat, also you're welcome to reply with questions and/or sugestions.
I'm working on a major code rewrite and some bug fixes.
See you soon,