I dumped and reloaded a database today. One table has
an identity column and it just entered the dump file as a
normal integer as the primary key.
After realizing what happend I was able to replicate it ok.
Version is 1.7.1 running under XP.
Logged In: YES
This is a known issue and will hopefully be improved when
the Transfer tool is next updated.
You can add your other suggestions related Transfer Tool to
this tracking item. This item will now move to the HSQLDB
Logged In: YES
Observations as requested.
1. The transfer tool works pretty well, and even handled the
multibyte japanese text in my db without a hitch (I never
take that forgranted). Also it's error reporting was generally
informative and useful for data errors, thogh an error on a
create table was a little less informative.
2. The transfer tool could use an option for including
all/exclude all tomake it easier to get what you want out of a
long list of tables.
3. When loading, it ignored the fact that I de-selected tables
and loaded them anyway. I didn't try it on export.
4. My db isn't so big so I was able to fit it all in my editor, but
that may not lways be the case, so it would be good to have
more control over dump files (maybe dumping each file to a
seperate file would be good)
5. I havn't tried the transfer tool on any other dbs, but if it is
able to smoothly transfer between different kinds of db, that
would be a VERY nice bonus. Such a tool could almost be a
seperate project. Maybe there are other open source
products to do that, but I havn't seen them yet.
6. Dumping was very fast, but loading was a little on the slow
side. Could just be this dog of a pc tho...
Sign up for the SourceForge newsletter:
You seem to have CSS turned off.
Please don't fill out this field.