OpenSnesim is a Open and Free python-based SNESIM (Single Normal Equation SIMulation) algorithm. It is released under BSD license.
Because of Python performance issues, this implementation is considered as proof-of-concept for research, testing and development.
It is recommended to run only 2D models using OpenSnesim. You can use it for 3D space and even for multifacial simulation, but it will costs much time and RAM to complete the simulation.... read more
Now HPGL use CLAPACK solvers instead of internal ones, which means
great performance boost on large scale linear equation solving problems.
with some new chapters and fixes for the old ones :)
- cvariogram module introduced for sample variogram calculation
- CdfData class introduced for CDF definition in SGS algorithms
- ContProperty and IndProperty classes for properties introduced (instead of a Python tuple)
- boost::python deprecated & replaced by CTypes for C-bindings (Python version >= 2.5 supported)
- CovarianceModel class introduced as the generic covariance model for all algorithms ... read more
- Added sub module geo.routines
- Module geo refactored (many changes in algorithms interfaces)
- SGS LVM: algorithm changed, now LVM-means preserved correctly
- IK/SIS: Median-algorithms now used by default for 2 indicators properties
- SGS: bug fixed for cdf_data case
- Random path bug fixed (was wrong for small grids with 100 or less cells)
- Project compilation scheme changed
- Packages for Python 2.5 & 2.6 (Windows + Linux) now builds
- FORTRAN order in arrays now optional (arrays will be converted to
FORTRAN order automatically inside algorithms).
- New GSLIB files read/write and VPC calculation functions – very fast now.
- Sill > Nugget check added
- New and fixed old scripts in solved problems
all scripts are updated, fixed some bugs, 3 more chapter problems added.
HPGL 0.9.5 - 22/05/2009
- Properties now are NumPy arrays compatible.
- GSLIB text files support added.
- Non-conditional simulation support added
- Almost all algorithms (except the Ordinary Kriging) now use Cholesky
decomposition solver, performance is improved up to 2 times.
- boost::python is now statically linked
"4.3. Transfer of Uncertainty" scripts added to solved problems.
HPGL 0.9.4 released!
- GsTL is no longer used.
- Switched BSD License.
- Nugget and anisotropy support added.
- New simulation algorithms structure.
- Modeling regions support for simulation.
Ok, we have it done :)
Bootstrap and Spatial bootstrap added (4.2) on solved problems (shared scripts are updated too!)
Added gzipped tarball with source code in Downloads section.
ok, now we have out first web site!
you can check it out at
Package "solved problems" is a bundle of scripts for "Solved Problems in Geostatistics" book by Oy Leuangthong, K. Daniel Khan, Clayton V. Deutsch. Every archive file consist of Python script and dataset for solving problem from corresponding chapter.
sample scripts ver. 0.1 added in downloads section (only examples of using algorithms for now)
boost::python .dll now included in win32 release package, downloads updated.
Now we have user manuals in English & Russian languages. Check the download section!
Now we have English and Russian maillists for questions and discussions.