Menu

ERROR : harmonyWebServiceLogin : Logitech web service response does not contain a login authorization token

2014-08-13
2019-10-01
  • Ron Witkamp

Ron Witkamp - 2014-08-13

I got a

LOGITECH WEB SERVICE LOGIN : FAILURE
    ERROR : harmonyWebServiceLogin : Logitech web service response does not contain a login authorization token

error running HarmonyHubControl on my Windows XP as well on my Windows 7 PC. Hub is pingable, username and password for Myharmony.com are correct. Any idea what can cause this error???

Regards,

Ron

• Ron Witkamp

Ron Witkamp - 2014-08-18

Nobody else with this problem???

• Tloram

Tloram - 2014-08-26

I am getting the same error, did you figure out what the issue is?

• Ron Witkamp

Ron Witkamp - 2014-08-28

Hi Tloram, no, I did not solve it yet. I have a feeling nobody else is reading my cry for help :-) So again for all readers or better the developer of this program: Help!!!

• frostwork

frostwork - 2014-08-28

hi! my productive binary is some month old so I tried to reproduce your problem with current master. (un-)fortunately I don't have that problem - it just works.
    under which os are you trying and did you compile your binary yourself?
    are you sure your commandline args are completely correct?
    ( as in
    HarmonyHubControl [email] [password] [harmony_ip] [command (optional)
    )
    did you try to reset your harmonyhub (mine rarely lost wifi connection through a lousy wifi repeater and didn't work correctly afterwards - a reboot fixed this.
    I hope logitech didn't push a $destructive firmware update, but I'd guess the hubs will pull those on their own, no matter if you want that or not(?).
    I'm not very often in here so I hope someone else tries to help as well.
    good luck so far!

• Ron Witkamp

Ron Witkamp - 2014-09-14

Even after several reboots of the HUB is cannot get this software working. I can ping the HUB without problems by the way.

• christiantf

christiantf - 2015-02-23

I just wanted to tell you:
    Compiles well on Raspberry Pi by simply running make.
    Commands like get_config, list_commands or list_activities take a minute or more, but running commands is fast.

I tried the python version from jterrace but could not get it to run (failed somewhere after authentication).

Your C version is running well.
    If you have a glue why it waits so long after the successful login, you might give me a hint ;-)

Thanks!
    Christian

Last edit: christiantf 2015-02-23
  • Ole Albers

Ole Albers - 2016-01-15

Just for info:
    I had exactly the same error after I created the binary by "make" (on Linux) and copied it elsewhere. You do have to copy the "*.o" - files, too. I also created a "HarmonyHub.Authorizationtoken" - file and made sure my script has write permissions to it.

Just copying the binary does not work

Maybe this helps some one.

Last edit: Ole Albers 2016-01-15
  • ombest

ombest - 2016-11-23

Hi!
    I've got the same error. I tried to change password and others.
    While compilation I've got pair warnings. May be this is a problem.
    Ubuntu 16

om@play-box:/home/share/Other/hh$ make
    cc  -c HarmonyHubControl.cpp csocket.cpp -lstdc++
    HarmonyHubControl.cpp: In function int harmonyWebServiceLogin(std::__cxx11::str                                                                                        ing, std::__cxx11::string, std::__cxx11::string&):
    HarmonyHubControl.cpp:167:56: warning: format %d expects argument of type in                                                                                         , but argument 3 has type std::__cxx11::basic_string<char>::size_type {aka lon                                                                                        g unsigned int} [-Wformat=]
         sprintf( contentLength, "%d", strJSONText.length() );
                                                            ^
    HarmonyHubControl.cpp: In function int swapAuthorizationToken(csocket*, std::__                                                                                        cxx11::string&):
    HarmonyHubControl.cpp:294:28: warning: overflow in implicit constant conversion                                                                                         [-Woverflow]
         int pos = std::string::npos;
                                ^
    cc  HarmonyHubControl.o csocket.o -o HarmonyHubControl -lstdc++

And I've got this in strHttpPayloadText:

Cache-Control: private
    X-AspNet-Version: 4.0.30319
    X-Powered-By: ASP.NET

{"GetUserAuthTokenResult":null}

Thank you!

Last edit: ombest 2016-11-23
  • Chris Lemon

Chris Lemon - 2016-11-27

I've been using this on a Raspberry Pi with Home Assistant, and it WAS working fine, but now I get the "Logitech web service response does not contain a login authorization token" error if I run a command line from any directory that does NOT have HarmonyHub.AuthorizationToken in it. If I copy that file into another directory, that directory will then work.

The problem is that my Home Assistant scripts are not working, which execute the exact same command. So I think I need to know what directory to copy HarmonyHub.AuthorizationToken so it will, or how to include the HarmonyHubControl path in a configuration file someplace.

Any ideas?

• Mike Petersen

Mike Petersen - 2019-09-30

Has anyone got this or any other variant of HarmonyHub software working recently?
    I've built and tested and cannot login.

HARMONY COMMUNICATION LOGIN : FAILURE
    ERROR : connectToHarmony : Unable to connect to specified IP Address on specified Port

• Mike Petersen

Mike Petersen - 2019-10-01

When enabling XMPP in the mobile App I can get the (prebuilt) x86\Release .exe to run (w/o the username/password, this result:
      LOGITECH WEB SERVICE LOGIN : BYPASSED
      HARMONY COMMUNICATION LOGIN : SUCCESS
      HARMONY COMMAND SUBMISSION : SUCCESS

....but list_activities only reports:
      Activities Available via Harmony :
      "PowerOff":"-1"}
      The rebuilt (MSVS community 2017) debug .exe throws the following abort when running:
      Debug Assertion Failed!
      File: minkernel\crts\ucrt\src\appcrt\lowio\write.cpp
      Line: 48
      Expression: (fh >= 0 && (unsigned)fh < (unsigned)_nhandle)