Menu

GyachI V1.2.7

2010-06-09
2013-04-23
  • Greg Hosler

Greg Hosler - 2010-06-09

Quite a few bug fixes, all bundled together.

From the ChangeLog:

2010-03-15 *V1-2-7) Fix regex crashes
            * - Check regcomp to see that the regular expression *actually
            *   compiled* before using it in regexec. (bugfix for many *random*
            *   crashes!)
            * - Display regex that are syntatically incorrect on chat window,
            *   *with* error message.
            * - Add a "re-Captcha" button on the Captcha UI. Yahoo captcha images
            *   "so bad" these days…
            * - fix chat window pane to hide the top panel under newer gtk++
            *   as before (under older gtk++)
            * - fixed scrolling on pm window when the display portion is resized
            *   (e.g. by either resizing the window, or by invokation of the
            *   download manager and/or the photo-share feature.
            * - fix the prototype definition for strcasestr (explicitly enable GNU
            *   extensions, since it is non-standard C) - Darwin Bautista
            * - fixes ito possible buffer overflows (packet_handler.c:tmp3 in
            *   handle_news_alert, users.c:homepage in fetch_profile) - Darwin
            *   Bautista
            * - fix possible array overflow (yahoo_web_login, ymsg_open_socket,
            *   ycht_open_socket) - Darwin Bautista
            * - fix unitialized command when playing a sound file.  (util.c/play_sound)
            * - Fix  ->  to display the
            *   current version available in CVS.

-Greg

• Greg Hosler

Greg Hosler - 2010-06-15

I just re-tried "re-captcha" and "works for me"

Anyone else have feedback ? works ? doesn't work ?

-Greg

• MaRk-I

MaRk-I - 2010-06-15

Greg:

I'm on Mandriva 2010.0, gcc version 4.4.1 (GCC), gyachi comp, ./configure -disable-plugin_gpgme -prefix=/usr.  I took to screen captures, on the first one I mistyped the captcha on purpose hit OK then Re-Captcha and it dissapears:

http://yfrog.com/1ggyachi1g

On the 2nd I just hit re-captcha without typing anything, it disappears so I click join room again to get a new captcha and it disappears again:

http://yfrog.com/5egyachi2g

Anything else you need to know about, system, packages installed etc. let me know.

Regards;

MaRk-I

• Greg Hosler

Greg Hosler - 2010-06-15

hi mark.

not sure what to say. i've both made wrong entries, and done a re-captcha after, and hav ere-captch'd w/o entry just because i didn't like the captcha selection. the captcha goes away, and then I'm presented w/ a new one. always. each time. which is what it's supposed to do.

the callback code for the button simply cancels the captcha, and then emulates a click on the previously clicked room.

might this have anything to do w/ profiles ?

I'm at a loss of anything else…
    ?
    :-(

-Greg

• MaRk-I

MaRk-I - 2010-06-15

Hi Greg

I'm at loss also, might be a specific setup I guess or just me heh, about the profiles I'm not sure this is the main ID with nother profile.  I could delete the second profile but I doubt it'll do anything, also I was thinking on compiling .28 but I kept back just to see if I could find out why is not working here unless somebody else has the same problem as me.  Still I might compile .28 later on and mess with gyachi setup see if I get a different result.  I still thank you for the work u do on it ;)

Regards;

MaRk-I

• MaRk-I

MaRk-I - 2010-06-15

I miss the edit button… Greg if it is of any help I can email/post the gyachi config.log and also the packet debug.log for that specific screenshot (the last one) I made when I click twice re-captcha.

MaRk-I

• Greg Hosler

Greg Hosler - 2010-06-15

do lem me know if you find anything out. re: profiles, i was wondering if you were using perhaps a profile id instead of main id. main id should not have any problems at all.

what edit button do you miss ?

-Greg

• MaRk-I

MaRk-I - 2010-06-16

Disregard that edit button comment, i meant the "edit post" for this forum, and about the ID yes it's a main ID not a profile, I also tried the profile and no luck, and another ID and also didnt work.  At this time seems like it's only me so might be a setting.  For the moment I'll leave it like that and I might compile 1.2.8.  Thanks

Regards;

MaRk-I

• Ghiunhan Mamut

Ghiunhan Mamut - 2010-06-17

Hello everybody! I just tested Re-Captcha button and it works for me. I am using ArchLinux i686 with gcc 4.5.0. I`ve compiled gyachi with these flags :

./configure -prefix=/usr -libexecdir=/usr/lib/gyachi -disable-rpath -disable-wine -disable-gtktest -disable-glibtest -disable-plugin_pulseaudio