Menu

Non sqare aspect ration for square scans

Help
2022-09-27
2022-10-03
  • Timo Kandra

Timo Kandra - 2022-09-27

I would like to have a much higher resolution in the scan line (x-axis) but a low amount of scan line.
    For example 512data points per scan line and 64 lines per image.
    This can easily be set in the main window. However if i choose a range that is square (300nmx300nm for example) I would like the scan to be displayed as a square image as well. Currently it would show a 512:64 aspect ration image in the scan preview window...

• Percy Zahl

Percy Zahl - 2022-09-29

I think it's OK and works just fine now (GIT latest Gxsm3).

But still keep and eye on potential coordinate issues of specialty functions... I may not have caught all. But the basics are OK. And the change in mode is covered via the internal "viewinfo" data class what should be used to do pixel to index translations..

• Percy Zahl

Percy Zahl - 2022-09-27

Sorry: Currently gxsm displays always in the aspect ratio of the pixel dimensions and pixels are assumed to be "square".
    This is certainly an option for the future to make an option to use the actual dimensions vs. pixels as aspect for the displayed pixel shape. Likely for Gxsm4.

The only way to display it square now is to re-scale it later.

• Percy Zahl

Percy Zahl - 2022-09-27

I have a patch for you... was fairly easy to realize thinking about it for a sec... ;)
    That's what you look for I guess -- see screen shot. (Going to GIT shortly).

BEWARE FOR NOW and please TEST and report any discrepancies:

Object coordinate transformations had all to be adjusted using a new remapping when applying range aspect ratio vs. pixel aspect ratio to canvas.

I tested coordinate view/display/tip follow point object.

WARNING: Some get/set coordinate tools may be still misbehaving in this view mode.

Last edit: Percy Zahl 2022-09-28
  • Timo Kandra

Timo Kandra - 2022-10-03

This is phenomenal and exactly what I was looking for!
    Thanks!