Menu

Can't load subtitle!!

Help
WangYu
2004-02-24
2013-05-08
  • WangYu

WangYu - 2004-02-24

I already changed the video renderer type to VMR9(directx9 installed), but I can't load subtitle still!
    Why???

Sorry for my poor English!
    Thanks

• WangYu

WangYu - 2004-02-24

I can load subtitle with version 6.4.3.0, but not with 6.4.7.8!

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2004-04-20

I'm having the exact same problem. If anyone has any infomation on this, please share the solution.
      I found the problem shows up with all versions newer than that listed in the parent thread to this one. If it helps, I'm using the last version of vobsub.

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2004-04-23

I've the same problem with mkv file which contains several subtitles...
      Someone can help ?

• Shmegory McDougal

Possibly having the same problem here. An MKV file with an imbedded .srt subtitle file won't display using VMR7 or VMR9 renderless output. The "subtitles" selection in the "play" menu stays grey.

In order to display the subs I have to register the VSFilter and use its tray icon. That's not normal, is it?

• aznan

aznan - 2004-05-17

I'm using MPC 6.4.8.2 for win9x and I'm having the same problem. What did you do with the VSFilter? It's better to have to use the tray icon than not being able to see the subs at all...

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2004-07-20

come on doesnt anyone have an answer???

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2004-07-25

Same problem for MPC 6.4.8.2/w2k.
      Same solution as Oliver McGee - skwort

See the link below to register VSFilter :
      http://iamnotageek.com/b/topic/111-Register_remove_DLL_or_AX_files

PS : no need to move the file to be registered on windows system directory if full path is typed in the command line

• Waru Waru

Waru Waru - 2004-07-30

if you already have vsfilter installed be sure that the built in subtitle loader in mpc is not activated (i.e. don't use the *renderless* ones)

• winnetou

winnetou - 2004-11-14

Dear Faber, could you be more specific? Your link is broken.

Anyway, I have the same problem for all of DivX3, DivX5, XviD movies. I use WinXP Pro SP2 (DX9c) MPC 6.4.8.2, Xvid1.02 (`No Force' for `Colour Space Output', tried both with and without option `Compatibility Renderer', no post processing), DivX5.2.1 (only `smooth playback' and `disable logo' is checked in quality settings).

Thank you for any help.