Guido memory device, scaling, memory leaks

Help
serg
2009-10-22
2012-10-22
  • serg

serg - 2009-10-22

Hello.
    I am beginner with Guido, working on Win OS and met with some questions during
    use of guidolib-1.38-devkit-win32 package. I have simple task to receive note
    image from Guido string representation. I've created test cpp application with
    MS VS 2008, that use GUIDOEngine.dll. It uses memory device for image drawing.
    After drawing I've got notes image only after changing notes font color to
    non-black, but steel not see other music symbols (such staff image...). It
    seems that black notes and other drawing symbols are drawn on black background
    color. I've tried to use MemoryDevice.SelectFillColor((VGColor(255, 255, 255))
    but steel not got needed result.
    1. How can I change background color of the image using memory device (i want use memory device not display device or any other)?
    2. Also I am interested with question of how can I make image scaling (if I want to get more big image with more big notes symbols).
    3. Also I've seen that during using of Guido library in my test application I have an increasing of memory usage (so called memory leak). Could you tell some variants of memory leak appearance (I am using FreeAR and FreeGR methods).

Thanks in advanced for your answers.

• Dominique Fober

Dominique Fober - 2009-11-03

Hi sergkalina,

You have to know that when drawing a score, the GUIDOEngine do nothing with
    the background: actually it uses the current background that you're
    responsible to draw before drawing the score. This is why you can't change the
    background color the way you tried. You must draw the background yourself with
    the color you want.

For the scaling issue, you have to use the sizex and sizey fields of the
    GuidoOnDrawDesc structure.

Finally and concerning the memory leak, it's more difficult to say something
    unless you post a piece of code to reproduce the problem.

Best regards,

Dominique