Menu

guacd not building on Fedora 22

Help
2015-12-09
2015-12-13
  • Hari Sundararajan

The first set of issues I had were with variables CB_FORMAT_TEXT and CB_FORMAT_UNICODETEXT, which some Googling led me to believe the root cause was FreeRDP breaking some APIs, so changed those occurances to CF_TEXT and CF_UNICODETEXT

However, now I am getting a new error assignment from incompatible pointer type [-Werror=incompatible-pointer-types] glyph->BeginDraw = guac_rdp_glyph_begindraw;

I can't use Docker.

any suggestions on a good OS on which to install guacd?

• Ranma

Ranma - 2015-12-09

You can always try running on Ubuntu.
    I installed it on Ubuntu 14.04 on VM with no hiccup.

• Michael Jumper

Michael Jumper - 2015-12-09

The Fedora FreeRDP packages have indeed been updated to a snapshot of git which breaks compatibility.

Another alternative would be to build a supported version of FreeRDP from source. Guacamole will build against the stable-1.0 and stable-1.1 branches of FreeRDP, as well as against the 1.0.1, 1.0.2, 1.2.0-beta1+android7, and 1.2.0-beta1+android9 tags.

Regarding FreeRDP API stability, there is some hope on the horizon: https://github.com/FreeRDP/FreeRDP/issues/2839

I'm still skeptical, given past experience, but hopefully they are truly turning over a new leaf and their 2.0 release will usher in a new era of functions and structures that don't get regularly scrambled. It would be great to be able to support building against master.

• Hari Sundararajan

Thanks for that.
    Does it work on Ubuntu 14.04 ? I might try creating a LXC for 14.04 and running under that.

• Michael Jumper

Michael Jumper - 2015-12-13

Yes.

When in doubt, check which version of libfreerdp is available in the repositories for the distribution you wish to use and compare to the list above.

In the case of Ubuntu 14.04, you have FreeRDP 1.0.2 (http://packages.ubuntu.com/trusty/libfreerdp-dev) which is supported and should work.

If you see versions mentioning git snapshots (like "1.1.0~git20140921.1.440916e+dfsg1-5ubuntu1"), that's when I'd start getting worried, though it would still be worth a shot.