Menu

mvn package of 0.9.8 guac-client from git, shows "Building guacamole-common 0.9.7"

Help
Belinda B
2015-12-14
2015-12-15
  • Belinda B

Belinda B - 2015-12-14

Hi There,

I have a working version of 0.9.8 but when I try an RDP connection to a windows desktop the logs are showing the following message:

Protocol "rdp" selected
    Guacamole protocol violation. Perhaps the version of guacamole-client is incompatible with this version of guacd?

Could this be related to the fact that, for some reason, I'm building guacamole-0.9.7 when I package the files?

If not, any other help would be appreciated.

Cheers,
    Belinda

• Michael Jumper

Michael Jumper - 2015-12-14

No. Keep in mind that guacamole-common did not change for 0.9.8 and so its version number remained unchanged. If you check the Maven repositories, you'll see that guacamole-common 0.9.7 is the latest:

http://search.maven.org/#search%7Cga%7C1%7Cg%3A%22org.glyptodon.guacamole%22

That particular error message refers to the versions of guacamole-client vs. guacamole-server (guacd). If you see this message, it means that the version of guacamole-client you are using is following a different version of the Guacamole protocol from guacd.

If you are building from guacamole-client's git master, then you will need to build guacamole-server from git master as well. The version numbers in the git repository may read "0.9.8", but that is only because we do not bump version numbers until immediately prior to release. What you are most likely doing is running the latest bleeding-edge development version of guacamole-client against an older version of guacamole-server - the two will not be compatible.

If you believe that you are using guacamole-server built from git master:

1. Double-check anyway. Run a git pull and rebuild if there are changes.
    2. Make sure you are using authentication extensions built from guacamole-client's git master as well. Do not attempt to use auth extensions from the 0.9.8 release with guacamole-client built from git master.

• Belinda B

Belinda B - 2015-12-15

Thank you! You are correct! I used the git version of the client and the released version of the server and auth extensions. Somehow I must have been lucky doing it this way with version 6. :)

Thank you again!

Cheers,
    Belinda