Oliver - 2015-06-14

Hello Henk,
thanks for your long reply. If you want we can go into a philosophical discussion of project versus temporal ordering. There are many other theories of how to get bes through your tasks (first-thigs-first, MTD one minute TodoList, MYN Master you now etc), and some of those actually prefer to have buckets such as "Do now", "do later","go back to it in a week" etc.
However I fully understand your argument of keeping compatible with FreeplaneGTD (even if there was no activity for a long time ;-).
BUT, I think that you could do something to make your add-on slightly more flexible and stay compatible : if you simply add an attribute "project" when a task is created within a project. If there is no Project topnode, then the project attribute is left empty and can be filled in by the user himself. When you synchronize you use only what is in the attributes: this way the nodes can be moved around without restriction, and an additional attribute (especially if after GTD attributes) should not break the compatibility.
I understand if you are not interested in doing this as this means additional work without profit to you ;-) I just want to try to convince you anyway, as I'm very excited to be able to synch via todo.txt my tasks-map with phone or tablet.
And structuring my map based on projects is just not an option : too many projects, many todos that are not clearly within a project. And thus by structuring in projects I would completely loose the overview what has to be done now and what later and thus not be able to class things by urgency and importance.
Further, as I cannot have additional attributes, I cannot create one for the when-bucket and filter by this .... My main utility is the map, the synch to the tablet/phone is only to get the most urgent/important tasks on a easily visible list.
Thanks for listening/reading
Cheers

Oliver

Related

Tickets: #37