Menu

How can I remove imgur login details from greenshot?

Help
Jason
2015-10-06
2015-10-08
  • Jason

Jason - 2015-10-06

I have input my imgur login details into greenshot imgur section. How can I remove the imgur details, so I can use it as the default imgur without login?

Thanks

• Robin Krom

Robin Krom - 2015-10-06

In the Imgur Settings (you can find this in the contexr menu: Imgur -> Configure) there is a checkbox "Use anonymous access". Check this, and you are set.

If you really want to remove the credentials, see here how:
    https://greenshot.atlassian.net/browse/BUG-1835

• Jason

Jason - 2015-10-07

Robin, I have read the link that you provided but I did not see how to delete/remove the imgur username and password in greenshot.

I mean the first time when I use imgur in greenshot, Imgur -> Configure, untick "Use anonymous access", then upload an image to imgur, I did enter imgur username and password once. After that whenever I upload an image to imgur, it does not need me to enter imgur username and password anymore and an image will still be able upload to my imgur account. The imgur username and password is stored/remembered somewhere inside greenshot and I would like to remove/delete it.

• Robin Krom

Robin Krom - 2015-10-07

Hi Jason,

I think I linked the wrong ticket, the steps described here:
    https://greenshot.atlassian.net/browse/BUG-1833?focusedCommentId=90304&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-90304
    does exactly what you want!

Well... maybe not 100% that, because Greenshot doesn't store username/password! That what you entered was in a browser (started from Greenshot) and went directly to the Imgur service, and this service gave back a "token" pair which allows Greenshot to interact with Imgur "on your behalf". We don't know the password, and you can disconnect Greenshot from within Imgur at any time.

Hope this helps,
    Robin

• Jason

Jason - 2015-10-08

I have tried the steps you provided in the atlassian.net link, it does not work for me. I have made a reply at the link too.