Menu

how can i improve the quality of capture?

tj napster
2016-01-09
2016-01-09
  • tj napster

tj napster - 2016-01-09

hi if i capture 400 * 400 it doesnt looks very good if i zoom a little bit i check the quality to 100% but it didnt work is there any plugin that can improve the quality of capture image?

• Robin Krom

Robin Krom - 2016-01-09

Sorry, there is pretty little you can do.

A screenshot is a copy of the screen, which has a fixed amouth of pixels.
    400 x 400 is just that, 400 pixel width by 400 pixels heigth.
    There is no additional details or quality "hidden" in a screenshot, as the screen doesn't have this.
    So zooming in will in fact, at least most of the times, not look good... the pixels will just get bigger.

You can in fact make the quality of the screenshot worse, if you have the wrong settings.
    Preferably store the capture with PNG, instead of JPG, as this make sure the stored image is exactly as on the screen.

There is one possibility of getting more details, but this depends on the application you want to take a screenshot of. If you use monitor with a high resolution you can increase the DPI settings (> 100%) which might make everything look bigger but this means there are more pixels for the same information and this might look better when zooming.

In this case you will take a screenshot of a larger area to accodate the same "part" as before, and this might be better looking when you zoom.