Menu

Respect tags "barrier=*" in ...

Routing
2010-02-21
2013-05-29
  • Nobody/Anonymous

Hi there,

I'm using GpsMid since 0.4.51. Thank you for this great midlet!
    In the currenct version 0.6.0 GpsMid is routing over barrier=bollard in the car routing mode.
    Some of the barrier tags should not be "routable" in car routing.

Aborigini

• fireball4

fireball4 - 2010-09-14

Are there any news regarding routing over barriers?

• holger

holger - 2010-10-24

I have the same issue.  Would be great if that could be fixed.

• Jyrki Kuoppala

Jyrki Kuoppala - 2012-08-19

The patch worked for my test case, too.

• fireball4

fireball4 - 2012-09-03

Like jkpj said in here:

…apparently in some places not routing via barriers causes too often situations where GpsMid tries to route forever.

Thats unfortunate, GPSMID would be the first OSM-routing-engine which could to that. But I think thats a big math problem? Is there no way to exclude streets from routing, when they consist of at least one barrier node without special access-tag (e.g. without access=yes, foot=yes, bicycle=permissive or motor_vehicle=yes). For my understanding, a "not routing over barrier" function is only needed for barriers which I can reach from both sides but I must not cross. For other cases, e.g. privat streets, the access information is put on the street/way itself. With such cases GPSMID has no problems at all, only with lonely barrier nodes within regular accessible streets?!? Isn't it somehow possible to filter such special streets with OSM2GPSMID? OK, maybe I'm blue-eyed, because I'm not a programmer.  ;-)

Hower, thanks a lot for your great work at the GPSMID-code, especially to you jkpj.

• Jyrki Kuoppala

Jyrki Kuoppala - 2012-09-08

Thanks fireball4 for the positive feedback, good to hear. The 0.8.2 release candidate (which shall probably become 0.8.2) has a .properties option for switching the barrier support on, though it's off by default. Not optimal to have to configure it at map generation time, but better than not having the option at all. sk750 said the barrier support might have some bugs, however.

Surprising to hear barrier support would be first.

• fireball4

fireball4 - 2012-09-11

Thank you very much for reinstalling the "useBarriers=false/true" function and for signing again. Finally I can use now your new v0.8.x version on my phone and test the new routing functions. I've never thougt signing comes back, because Nokia users which need signed jar/jad decrease every day and android fraction grows.