Menu

Compile isse

Developers
Kojak73
2013-10-12
2015-01-21
  • Kojak73

Kojak73 - 2013-10-12

I'm trying to fix a couple of issues with GPSMid which I'm running into when using GPSMid on Android. So I tried to compile GPSMid on my system, but I'm getting the following error:

[j2mepolish-javac-Generic/android-full] Compiling 948 source files to /media/LinuxApps/Documents/eclips
    e/GPSMidSource/GpsMid/build/real/Generic/android-full/en/activity/bin/classes
    [javac] Internal J2ME Polish class: /media/LinuxApps/Documents/eclipse/GPSMidSource/GpsMid/build/re
    al/Generic/android-full/en/activity/src/de/enough/polish/ui/Canvas.java:1323: error: package javax.micr
    oedition.lcdui does not exist
    [javac] javax.microedition.lcdui.Command commandToAdd = cmd;
    [javac] ^
    [javac] Note: Some input files use or override a deprecated API.
    [javac] Note: Recompile with -Xlint:deprecation for details.
    [javac] Note: Some input files use unchecked or unsafe operations.
    [javac] Note: Recompile with -Xlint:unchecked for details.
    [javac] 1 error
    [javac] An internal class of J2ME Polish could not be compiled. Please try a clean rebuild by eithe
    r calling "ant clean j2mepolish" or by removing the working directory "/media/LinuxApps/Documents/eclip
    se/GPSMidSource/GpsMid/build/real".
    [javac] If an API-class was not found, you might need to define where to find the device-APIs. Foll
    owing classpath has been used: [/media/LinuxApps/j2mePolish/import/mmapi.jar:/media/LinuxApps/j2mePolis
    h/import/android-2.3.3.jar:/media/LinuxApps/j2mePolish/import/android-1.1.jar:/media/LinuxApps/j2mePoli
    sh/import/pdaapi.jar:/media/LinuxApps/j2mePolish/import/wmapi.jar:/media/LinuxApps/j2mePolish/import/lo
    cationapi-1.0.jar:]

I'm assuming that the classpath is not set properly (and I actually also found the jar containing the missing class in the import folder. But: How do I change the classpath? It looks like it is a specific J2MEpolish class and many other J2MEpolish jars are included in the classpath, but I don't see where they get added.

Any help is much appreciated!

Thanks

• Kojak73

Kojak73 - 2013-10-20

Seems to be a bug or issue with j2me polish, potentially together with Java 7. I resolved by removing the package qualification javax.microedition.lcdui from the Command class. There is another Command class which is defined by j2me polish which is then used. Everything seems to work fine now.

• sk750

sk750 - 2015-01-21

Indeed this compile issue seems to be introduced in j2mepolish 2.4 which I installed today.