nasm and libxvidcore

Help
Anonymous
2003-11-24
2003-11-25
  • Anonymous

Anonymous - 2003-11-24

Hello world,

In intend to play with GPAC, i compiled it. Fine.
    Then i've tried to compile all extra libs. And i face a problem with libxvidcore with asm files.

->In order to compile asm files, i've download nasm-0.98.38-djgpp (DOS 32-bit binaries) distribution and copied it (nasm.exe and ndisasm.exe) in C:\WINNT\system32. It doesn't work...

->So,i get the nasm-0.98.38-win32 (Win32 binaries) distribution and copied it (nasmw.exe and ndisasmw.exe) . First of all, ive been surprised to  to see the binaries changing their name so i had to change all the seetings project concerning asm files (changed each call to nasm to nasmw):

nasmw -f win32 -DPREFIX -I"$(InputDir)" -o $(IntDir)\$(InputName).obj $(InputPath)

It works a little better in the way asm files starts to be compiled. But it doesn't find colorspace_mmx.inc whereas this file is at the right place, i.e. xvidcore\src\image\x86_asm. Here is how VC60 insults me :

project 'libxvidcore - Win32 Release'.
    --------------------Configuration: libxvidcore - Win32 Release--------------------
    Assembling ..\..\src\image\x86_asm\reduced_mmx.asm
    Assembling ..\..\src\image\x86_asm\interpolate8x8_xmm.asm
    Assembling ..\..\src\image\x86_asm\interpolate8x8_mmx.asm
    Assembling ..\..\src\image\x86_asm\interpolate8x8_3dne.asm
    Assembling ..\..\src\image\x86_asm\interpolate8x8_3dn.asm
    Assembling ..\..\src\image\x86_asm\colorspace_yuyv_mmx.asm
    ..\..\src\image\x86_asm\colorspace_yuyv_mmx.asm:59: fatal: unable to open include file `colorspace_mmx.inc'
    Error executing c:\winnt\system32\cmd.exe.

libxvidcore.lib - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)

I use VC6.0 on W2K.

Any help? Am i using the right nasm distribution?
    Anyone has ever seen this?

• Jean Le Feuvre

Jean Le Feuvre - 2003-11-24

First I would rather have renamed the exe than change the project settings, it's usually safer.

Then I can't really say what's wrong now, I use 0.98.35 win32 binaries of nasm and 0.98.36 linux bin and never had any pb at all.

retry with the original xvid project file and changing nasmw to nasm before recompiling. If that doesn't work, maybe you should ask the xvid team about that...

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2003-11-25

I got my trick ...

nasmw seems to be '\' sensitive i.e the command should be :

asmw -f win32 -DPREFIX -I"$(InputDir)"\ -o $(IntDir)\$(InputName).obj $(InputPath)

greetz,