Creating Library for Node.JS

Help
Bryan Tong
2014-04-29
2014-05-01
  • Bryan Tong

Bryan Tong - 2014-04-29

Hello,

I dont know if this is the proper forum to ask this in however I just want to get pointed in the right direction.

We are looking to create a Node.JS package that will allow easy interfacing with MP4Box and I am curious if the best way to interface with MP4Box is to use the command line interface. Then have node build the command line similar to how the FFMpeg tools work. Otherwise we were curious if we should try to use one of the C/C++ libraries directly.

Any insight would be greatly helpful and the project will be open source. I will post a repository link once I get that created.

• Cyril Concolato

Cyril Concolato - 2014-04-30

Hi Bryan,
    Using the command line is fine. You could also try to use GPAC's main library (libgpac). You might be interested in our new project: https://github.com/gpac/mp4box.js (although all features from MP4Box are not yet there).

HTH,
    Cyril

• Bryan Tong

Bryan Tong - 2014-05-01

Hi Cyril,

Awesome and that project looks interesting. We are wanting to create a more server side version and will look into using libgpac just wanted to find out before trying.

The command line side might be nice because of the stream support node wraps around the process might make it easier to work with.

I am going to read through the browser side project and see how much of it could be reused server side.

Ill post back here if I run into any issues.