Menu

Places where Goona Browser is posted

2010-01-17
2013-04-26
  • Gabriel Maia

Gabriel Maia - 2010-01-17

On 2010/01/17 (YYYY/MM/DD) Goona Browser was available to download from the following websites:
    (website name - status - website description - other informations - link to page where Goona Browser is posted)

- KeroDownload - already submitted - KeroDownload is a Portuguese download site - until now (2010/01/17 13:54 GMT) Goona Browser has reached 18 downloads from this website. Some of the downloads from this website won't appear in SF statistics since KeroDownload provides the option of downloading from their servers (they mantain a chache of the setup on their servers) - http://www.kerodownload.com/s-fx_info-id-34755.html

- Softpedia - waiting for entry to appear - Softpedia is a download website in English laguage - I'm still waiting for the software to appear, but I submitted the PAD file yesterday and Goona Browser still doesn't make part of the software list. They seem to be a bit slow. - (no link)

- CNET Downloads - waiting for developer account to come accepted - A English download site - They only accept accounts on business days, and I sent the request yesterday (Saturday) - (no link)

- Superdownloads - waiting for entry to appear - A brazillian download site - Already submited the pad file but Goona Browser still doesn't appear on the list. Probably they only submit software on business days and I submited the software yesterday. Maybe tomorrow it'll be there. - (no link)

Downloading Goona Browser from the above websites is secure since the build they allow downloading is the official.

I'm very satisfied with KeroDownload because I submitted the software on the yesterday evening and today at 12pm Goona Browser was already listed. Also, they put new software submissions on a list on the main page and I think that's why Goona Browser is getting so much download from this website.
    Goona Browser was rated 5 stars from 3 users on KeroDownload and reached 48 views in less than two hours. This is the most sucessful software I ever did. SourceForge helps really much.

Let's wait for tomorrow to check if Goona Browser is listed on other websites than Ohloh and SourceForge. Oh!, one curiosity about Goona Browser's code analysis by Ohloh: Ohloh thinks that Goona Browser's main development language is JavaScript. This is due to the fact that XULRunner, included in the SVN repository, contains many javascript and javascript-like code. It's a fact: sometimes automated things make big mistakes.

• Gabriel Maia

Gabriel Maia - 2010-02-27

A page on Goona Browser's website has been added to replace this forum post. It keeps up-to-date information about download mirrors of Goona Browser.

URL: http://goonabrowser.sf.net/en/mirrors.html

This forum post won't be updated anymore.