Menu

Enter custom game?

Help
Ludzig
2007-12-08
2013-04-25
  • Ludzig

Ludzig - 2007-12-08

Since GNOME 2.20 I am missing this cool feature. Is there anybody out there, who knows if I can enter custom games in the actual Version of GNOME sudoku? Is there a chance, that this feature comes back in the future? Thanks

• Martinio

Martinio - 2007-12-18

I am on Ubuntu 7.10.  I was spoiled by the old version, too, and came here for an answer to this very question.
      What I ended up doing, was manually deleting the preinstalled game and installing the 0.7.1 source I found here.  All is better than before.  On exit, games in progress get saved and can be continued later, but old games are not remove after completion, and newly generated games don't get added to the database.

I've been ramming around in the code, but I'm only making the bug buddy angry.

Can I request a feature here?  How the ability to edit or delete games from the starter_games set?

• Walt

Walt - 2008-01-13

Entering a custom game, from the daily newspaper because i am having trouble with it, for example, is an essential feature of a Sudoku program, IMHO. Please, oh please, include this capability in an upcoming release.

• Angus Huckle

Angus Huckle - 2008-06-13

I second (third?) this. Love the implementation, but hate the fact that I cannot enter my newspaper's puzzle into it.

• tom

tom - 2008-06-13

The right place for these comments in on gnome bugzilla.